Changing Screen Position/Size?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xdefeatsy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new to the forums and also fairly new to Mac (been using Windows machines for over 10 years and just switched back).

I just received my new Macbook Pro (2.4ghz) and bought the "DVI-to-Video" cable to use another screen on my TV for bigger viewing of videos. It recognizes the TV and works, but no matter what resolution it's at I still have black spaces around the actual resolution -- it won't fill out the entire screen.

I'm really picky about this and was wondering if there was any way to do what the Nvidia drivers on Windows allow you to do -- adjusting the screen size and position to make it fit perfectly?

2. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

What program are you using to view the videos? I know VLC lets you adjust this.

3. macrumors 6502

I think I know what you're talking about, you need to enable the overscan option in your display preferences. I know on my computer it won't "completely" fill up the tv screen so enabling the option will help. The downside is that you will lose part of the image on screen. Hope that helps answer your question.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Where is overscan in the display preferences?

Or

How would I do that in VLC?