Changing the display mode from landscape to portrait

Discussion in 'macOS' started by akadmon, Nov 27, 2006.

1. akadmon macrumors 68010

I just got a 24" Dell LCD (please don't shoot me, but I think it's just great!) which supports pivoting. I have it hooked up to a mac pro with a Nvidia 7300 GPU. I would like to be able to switch to portrait mode for web browsing, but there is no option to do this in the system preferences. Is it possible to get this working with Nvidia 7300 on a Mac?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I looked around on Google and it looks like for some reason you can only do this with an ATI card.

3. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

I was hoping someone would have developed a general system control panel for this by now. Apparently all Apple OSs prior to OSX supported portrait mode out of the box.

4. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

Well, I just downloaded the latest ForceWare Win XP drivers from Nvidia and I am writing this while looking at my flawless 24" Dell LCD in 1200x1920 portrait mode. Man this good, just perfect for web browsing!

Sad to say, but until Apple gets their act together on display pivoting, I will be spending a lot more time boot camping in Windows than I anticipated :(