Changing the font color in iOS 7 beta 3

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ncaa76, Jul 9, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if you can change the Font color of the icons when seeing the home screen to something other than white? My BG is white and I can read the time, carrier or battery life now.

[​IMG]

iPhone 5 Beta 3

2. macrumors 68000

darthraige

My hope would be that Apple would fix it for the GM and it would auto correct for what background image you choose.

3. macrumors 603

Why would Apple let you change the font color?

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors P6

They seem to let you change the font size (among quite a few other things).

6. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I made a topic about this a few weeks ago.

go to the wallpaper preview, if iOS deems the font light enough, the text in the preview will be black and vice versa. However, beta 3 crashes the settings/photos app when you view 2 photos, very annoying.

7. macrumors 603

Font color is too much customization.

8. macrumors P6

But size isn't? They even let you make it a bit more bold if you want to. I'm not saying it will happen, but given the various controls they have provided, I don't think it can be completely ruled out just like that (or really be seen as that crazy of a thing). Perhaps unlikely, but that's probably as far as it can go on that scale.

9. macrumors member

josiahsill

The problem is with the image. I figured out that your image needs to be light at both the top and bottom. So for example the car in your wallpaper is what's throwing everything off. Try this wallpaper and it will go to black text.

Attached Files:

10. macrumors G5

Rogifan

I would consider this a bug that should be reported. A user should be able to pick any type of wallpaper and the font color should adjust appropriately.

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, that worked thanks! Luckily I know Photoshop so I could fix it, but for others that would suck.

12. macrumors member

josiahsill

It does suck. If anything apple needs to explain the requirements for wallapers or something.

13. macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I agree. I think black text looks awful anyway. I'd like it if the text were white with a one or two pixel drop-shadow. That would work against any background.

14. macrumors 6502

i wouldnt be surprised to see a font color setting by the GM build. As far as beta 3 is concern, the OS choosing your font color based on wallpaper is still inconsisten at this point.

15. macrumors 68000

Font color will probably be changeable as we go through the upcoming betas. Remember Apple addressing the big issues first.

16. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Did people just like ignore my post saying how to get it working??? Lol