Changing the Microsoft Word Document Icon

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tara18, Jul 5, 2006.

1. tara18 macrumors newbie

How do I do this? I can't use Candybar because Microsoft Word is not a "packaged" application (or something like that).

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

select the icon you want to use. get info. highlight the image of the icon in the get info window (it'll have a blue border). command+c to copy. close get info window and get info on the Word app. hightlight the word icon and command+v to paste over it. simple as that.

3. tara18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help! However, this only changes the icon of one particular document. How do I change the icon of all Microsoft Word documents to another icon?

4. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

CandyBar lets you do this.
    But manually, you'll have to ctrl/right click on Microsoft Word > 'Show Package Contents'. Within this, the icon will be there in one of the folders, and you can just replace it that way.
    But I suggest CandyBar really.

::20ROGERSC::

5. tara18 thread starter macrumors newbie

But Microsoft Word is not a packaged application, so when I right-click on its icon there is no "Show package contents" option. Also, Candybar will not let me drag Microsoft Word into the App Extras window because it is not a packaged app.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

sorry i didn't realized that you wanted all the document icons changed. hmmm i'll have to look into it more when i get home, i'm sure there is a way around it.

7. tara18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Any luck?

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

none so far, but i wasn't able to dig too deep yesterday. i'm at work so i don't have a mac to use, but i would suggest looking at www.interfacelift.com and thier guides or taking a peek around www.macosxhints.com

9. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

...I hate it when people don't read the actual post before replying.