Changing the system language

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jotamurray, Feb 15, 2006.

1. jotamurray macrumors member

Hello, I'm using a program called Movie Magic Scheduling running under Classic. My basic configuration in Mac OSX is in Spanish, but currently I have to do all my paperwork in English.
    Movie Magic is basically a database that uses the System's own Date (date/l) to schedule. Having changed in System preferences / International from Spanish to English both in "Language" and "Format" I find that the date is still showing in Spanish (i.e Lun 8 marzo, instead of Mon 8 march) Everything else (dock, finder... has changed to English) Does anybody know how I can change this?
    Thank you very much.

2. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I have a Japanese version of Office I use in Classic. Since that's the language it was written in, that's the language it displays in, regardless of what I set the OSX language, too. I presume the software you're talking about is Spanish. Then that's the language you'll see, unless there's a langauge kit for it. OSX can't translate languages, I'm afraid.

3. jotamurray thread starter macrumors member

The software is in English, but the calendar it uses is the own's system. (i.e .- if I configure in my mac we're in 1975, then the software calendar that will show is 1975)
    After changing the format and language from English to Spanish in OSX i find that the date in OSX has switched to English, but in OS9 it remains in Spanish.

4. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Got to admit, I don't know. You changed the format in Systems Preferences>International? Restarted? The usual preferences ditched (someone else can suggest which one)/permissions repaired? Clutching at straws big time... Apple-option-p-r at startup?