changing unreal tournament 2004 cd key

Discussion in 'Games' started by mishi, Aug 31, 2005.

1. mishi macrumors regular

mishi

can anyone tell me if it possiable to change a unreal tournament 2004 cd key without reinstalling the entire game (takes like 45 mins or somthing) :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :D

cheers
    mishi :cool:

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

heh you could already reinstall the game while you're waiting for the reply here ;)

3. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Something tells me your CD-Key is illegal, whhich means you are in the wrong forum... :D

4. Zenith macrumors 6502

Zenith

So is it wrong of me to help then?

Anyway, the cd-key is located here: Unreal Tournament 2004.app/System/cd-key

Open it up with textedit.

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

to open the app like a folder ctrl click it and click show package contents.

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Or right-click (if you have a 2-button mouse) ;)

7. mishi thread starter macrumors regular

mishi

thanks!!

omg...thanks so much guys , i begun looking in the "package contents" but i had given up already =P

thanks again i really appeciate it
    :D ;) :cool:

8. cozofdeath macrumors newbie

Yeah

Yeah, I'm not as stuck up as some of these people...You can open regedit and go to this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004

and look for "CDKey" key. You can change it that way or use this program UT2Kx Regcheck which is what I have to do right now, for legitament reasons by the way, there is also another program on the site that does the same thing but the link is broke so mabey a quick google would work for that one.

:) According to the person accusing you of thieft these companys are also in denial :)

While the listed websites and what they do may have been legal, I think leaving them out is a better choice for MacRumors.

etc...etc...etc...Almost every password protection scheme has some sort of recovery and a legitament right to use it so relax alittle...

9. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Ok, since this is a Mac site, and he didn't reference otherwise, I'm pretty sure this wouldn't do the OP any good. :cool:

10. steelfist macrumors 6502a

1st point. he is probably refering to changing cd keys on a mac. so regedit won't work here. :rolleyes:

2. point.

why change the cd key? is it because so many other people use it? why then? is it because it's a widely shared cd key that you have used too? if you have a geniune cd key from a game you bought, you won't have this problem, and thus won't need to change the cd key.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

3. Why resurrect a thread after three months?