Changing Video Format

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by surfer99, Dec 31, 2006.

1. surfer99 macrumors 6502

Just found out that I can only import a video WITHOUT the sound and not the video WITH the sound included into iMovie when I have the video in MPEG-1 Muxed format or MPEG-2 Muxed format. The specific format I have my video in (which was uploaded from my camera) is MPEG1 Muxed, 640 x 480. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the format of the video so I can get the audio and video into iMovie instead of just the video? Thanks in advance.

2. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Also I am having some issues with the transitions in the editing video section. For some reason when I click on some transitions they "fade out" the add button so I cannot select that transition but others let me click add. They still show me a preview in the video window but it will not let me select that transition. Any one have any ideas on this?

3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

:confused: :confused:

English? I have no idea what you're trying to say. :eek:

4. simontarr macrumors 6502

simontarr

I don't quite get when you're asking, but to convert video, the best software I've found is Visual Hub. It's an all-in-one convert anything to anything program and I love it. I tried video converting with windows and it was such a chore- not any more!

5. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Simontarr you are the man! Thanks for the help. That is exactly what I needed. Worked perfect! Now if I could only figure out my transition problem.

6. simontarr macrumors 6502

simontarr

Not a problem :)

Sorry I can't help you out with the transitions....I don't do any video editing myself- just converting.