Changing view Options in Finder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by scamit, Nov 26, 2006.

1. scamit macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2006

I highly doubt this can be done, but maybe with Applescript it can be. Basically, I have a ton of divx movies I have downloaded over the past years, and a lot of them are two part .avi files. For example, I would have "The Da Vinci code part1.avi" and "The Da Vinci Code part2.avi". I have all of them with their appropriate movie poster as their icon, therefore, for each movie, i have two files. I was wondering is there a way in the Finder, to somehow only show the one file, say "The Da Vinci Code" so I only have one file with one movie poster. If anyone is familiar with XBMC on Xbox, in my opinion, the best media centre available, XBMC will recognize that it is just one movie and only display the one file without the "part1.avi" and "part2.avi" and while playing the movie, when part1 is finished it will seamlessly move onto part2. I have never used Applescript or anything like that before, but maybe it can be done. I dont mind about the movie playback, just how it looks in the finder, hate it when i have two files for each movie. If there is no other way to accomplish this, I might have to join the avi files, but then I dont know how to join the two part subtitle files I have for many foreign movies.

Thanks for all your help!
  2. scamit thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2006
    Maybe im better off just joining the avi files, what do you guys think?
  3. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Nov 14, 2005
    Danville, VA
    You not going to get a very positive response around here for help with your STOLEN movies, however I don't think there is a way to do what you want.