Changing Volume Rapidly Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ilovemyibook, Mar 19, 2006.

1. ilovemyibook macrumors regular

When i change the volume on my brand new iBook G4 it will make a quiet popping sound, and then a few seconds later it stops. Also On the lower left and right hand side of my screen there are some really bright dabs of light there. Is any of this normal, or is my computer messed up.

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Can you take a picture (with a camera) of the light dabs?

3. ilovemyibook thread starter macrumors regular

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

The quiet popping sound??
    It's the sound made so you know how loud your volume is set too. You'll notice it goes from loud to silent as you turn down your sound.

5. ilovemyibook thread starter macrumors regular

its not that i know the sound. the popping sound is complety different.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

There's a bug in PB and iBook sound circuitry that makes it pop like that. When you're running on battery, the sound circuits turn off to save power, and when you change the volume, they come on and try to immediately go back off, and get stuck like that for a moment. There really isn't any way around it, and it's really annoying. It shouldn't happen on power-adapter power.

As for the spots, they are an LCD defect called 'mura', if your computer is still under warranty you can take it to Apple and they should fix it for your, ideally.

7. ilovemyibook thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help OutThere i am going to are apple store on tuesday. i appreciate it.