Changing where windows open on the screen

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rda, Dec 7, 2006.

1. rda macrumors newbie

I know that this is a really trivial question and probably pretty simple but this is my first mac and lately whenever I open Firefox the browser window opens flush with the left side of the screen, whereas it used to open in the middle. Again, I realize that I should probably just try to overcome my OCD desire for the window to be centered, but I can't help moving it to the center every time it opens. Is there some way (using the green + button perhaps?) to setup the window's default size and position?

Thanks in advance.

2. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

Most programs seem to remember the last position of the last window closed, if no other windows are open.

In other words... close all windows. Open one window. Place it where you want it. Close it. That should store that as the default for new windows. Usually.

P.S. I sure do miss the functionality of the green button. It never acts predictably. Back in the Classic days, the analogous button would right-size things. Now the green button just seems to behave so randomly...

3. rda thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't work- which is why I bothered posting about such a small issue here. I've tried just closing the windows vs. fully quitting firefox and I've tried hitting the green button and moving the windows around and quitting. Nothing seems to do it.