Channel 4 merger with Five on the cards

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Feb 27, 2004.

1. macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    well this could be interesting I suppose... I like the comparison to BBC 1 and BBC 2 though... Channel 5 is not BBC 2 and deffo ain't BBC 1... heheh

I guess it's more comparable to those channels which appear on Sky if you accidentally click the up button immediately after going to the menu.... heheheh :p

registration required so I've posted the full article below...

2. macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2003
    Channel 4 is more like BBC2, but 5, it's a bit more as you say, off of the beaten track of TV channels! Mind you, it is getting better, a year or so ago it was just budget stuff no-one wanted, now I recon I watch on average a programme a week on 5. If this means they will have more revenue from advertising, and be able to create and buy more and better programmes, it has to be good.

I heard rumours Live! TV was coming back - don't know if anyone remembers it, was an early sat/cable channel, and just a complete laugh - topless darts, strip financial news, midget on a trampoline doing the weather! Many hours wasted with that trash. Ho hum.

3. macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2003
    Well Channel 5 (or five or whatever its called nowadays) couldnt get any worse. Infact it would be infinitely better if it just showed Channel 4 repeats.

Scrap that actually just make it show 24. Damn not having sky anymore no series 3 for me :'(
  4. macrumors regular

Aug 5, 2003
    Well hang in there; it's coming in the summer to five. Although it won't be the same with ad breaks... sniff...
  5. macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be

welcome to american tv. the first episode is always commercial free, but then, well. it's almost worth waiting ofr it to come out on dvd...although we are 2/3 of the way through day3 :)
  6. macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Not really.

A lot of the shows first episode are not even commerical free anymore...