Channel Islands & Universal Binaries

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MagicPixel, May 22, 2006.

1. MagicPixel macrumors member

Hi,

I've seen some fellow Channel Islanders on the board, I was just wondering if anyone had tried their luck at getting any software crossgraded to the universal binaries?

I sent my Final cut studio discs in and I'm getting told they can't process my order.

They've given me 2 options...

Option 1 : They'll cancel my order, and RETURN the original discs back to me. ie. deliver a set of Final Cut Studio discs to my home address in the channel islands, free of charge (just not the set I want).

Option 2 : They'll process the order and accept my payment, from the Jersey, aslong as they deliver to a "mainland address". Mainland being England, as oppossed to the mainland of Ireland, where they're based.

Can anyone see logic in that?!

Peter

2. starnox macrumors 6502

Yeah it sucks, their policy changed a while back and they no longer deliver anything to the Channel Islands. Totally sucks. So I have had to use alternative means to get my Apple products. e.g. www.cwonline.co.uk. You might be able to get a local reseller to try and exchange them for you. Apart from that I don't know what else you can do. I hope they change the policy back soon, but it doesn't look like they will.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

edit: Re-read post That's just bloody stupid....

4. MagicPixel thread starter macrumors member

Haha, I saw your original in the email alert, thanks for the thought!

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU