Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cobaltrich27

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
D/FW TX
I have simular problem with my 2 iPhone 3G & 2 iPod touch 2G started somewhere between the iOS4.0- 4.2.1 update can't remember exactly which update. These 4 devices still charge fine but I get the bulletin and no sound from dock speakers.

I have 3 different speaker docking/charging stations in 3 different rooms with 5 idevices that reside to stay charged or play music and it's no water damage etc to many devices with this issue to call it hardware failure unless my house flooded to 4feet one day and it went away without my knowledge hehe.

There is something within the iOS software causing these issues it's only a problem on my 3G iPhone x 2 units & 2G iPod touch x 2 units for me all newer devices iPhone 4 x 2 units work fine.

I recently got ahold of a 3GS and have not tried it yet will give it a shot. I have not tried to pursue a fix as of yet I just found this thread and now going to try fix the problem.

Those with the external charger/speaker dock issues of no sound did any of these fixes here fix this mechanical issue and now your dock speakers work or are these fixes only cosmetic where you don't get the bulletins?

Thanks

Last edited:

tba03

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
i got the same thing with my factory cable on my ipod touch 4, really annoying, happens in the middle of the night, adn in th emorning it had'nt charged a bit

lollyei

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2011
Same problem

I get the message "Charging is not supported with this accessory" very often from several different chargers, cables, adapters, including the one that came with my phone. It is so frustrating that I can't charge my phone in my car. It doesn't have any water damage and it isn't jailbroken.
If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Do as post 16 says! one of my favorite apps! :D

In the words of Apple, "There's an app for that." Look for/ install Popup Blocker... You can turn off this warning and many more... $.99 on Cydia...

http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/200...or-ipod-touch/

"In the Alerts option you have the ability to turn on/off Block When Unlocked, Block When Locked and Wake On Alert for the following popups;

• Calendar Alerts
• SMS Alerts
• Voicemail Alerts
• Location Requests
• Accessory Warnings (This one should fix the charging problem)
• Network Lost Warnings
• App Deletion Warnings
• App Store Ratings
• Low Battery Warnings
• Low Disk Space Warnings
• Backgrounders Alerts
• Call Failure Warnings"

tylersOH

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Pennsylvania
I actually had the same Problem, but it actually turned out to be an Old iPod Connector cord i had purchased a while back that was causing my 3GS to show that message.

You should buy a new cord and try it that way, i haven't had that issue since.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I actually had the same Problem, but it actually turned out to be an Old iPod Connector cord i had purchased a while back that was causing my 3GS to show that message.

You should buy a new cord and try it that way, i haven't had that issue since.

This thread has been dead for two months.

But as long as it's being bumped, I might as well add that most iPhones I've seen that display that message have been slightly water damaged.

angel013110

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
i had same problem as OP... i deleted /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.accessoryd.plist. but the "charging is not supported with this accessory" still pops up and it only pops up when the cable isnt connected...

im using an iphone 3gs running on 4.0.1 btw

REPLY:
that is the usual problem of iphone,i encounter that problem,what i did is restore my iphone in diff version but still doesnt work,i install popup blocker from cydia the problem still in my iphone,somebody said to clean your iphone dock,it is also not working,now i can repair that,w/o installing app.-software or not replacing hardware.i only reprogram your battery.im using iphone 3gs.

samsamsam

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
I believe that this is caused by plugging your iphone into a USB port that isn't outputting enough power to it. This typically happens when plugging the iPhone to your desktop computers front USB ports as well as on some older/cheaper USB docking stations. It can also happen when you use a USB extension cable connecting between your iPod data cable and the computer.

So please plug your iphone to a USB port on the back of your computer (where all those other wires are plugged in)

cartonchen

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
The USB port is to blame (in my case)

I had the same problem. I could charge it off the wall, but not from the MacBook Air. First I thought it was the cable, but swapping proved that it was not the case. It was then something to do with the connection to the MBA. Cleaning the connections did not help. Then switching to another USB port worked. So, one of the USB port (left) was at fault. It allowed the MBA to see the iPhone (4), but would not charge it. It needs to be fixed.

pyramid69

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
charging not accepted by this accessory

For me it was a faulty cable at the USB end. Another sign that something was wrong although not recognised by me instantly was a slower time taken for the iphone to charge up when connected with the faulty cable. As it was only purchased one month ago it is being replaced FOC.

micoric

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
GUYS PLEASE HELP-I know this is my 1st post but I have a major issue with my apple iphone 3gs old bootrom jb and unlocked on ios 4.1. I am new to everything and got pretty far in just a few days (When I purchased the phone a few weeks ago it had ios 4.0, so I did all the work myself with upgrading and re-jb and unlocking) .......

The situation is that I get an error that pops up very frequently that says "charging is not supported by this accessory"-BUT NOTHING IS PLUGGED IN-It pops up anytime in the middle of an email, text, surfing the web, etc and the phone isn't even plugged in!!!... I also get a yellow triangle on the lock screen when I go to unlock the phone and it has the same error message "charging is not supported by this accessory" and again nothing is plugged in! (Had same error's with ios 4.0 as I do with ios 4.1-so I don't think its ios related). I don't think its water damage either or anything like dust in the pins, but the point being how do I stop these error messages/warnings from popping up?

*I got as far as to delete the daemon called "com.apple.accessoryd.plist" and it actually works and takes away the error message's!!!! However, when I delete this specific daemon my gps and maps on the phone don't work! How can I disable these specific error message's (or solve the problem) but still enable this daemon so I can track my phone via gps and also use mapquest 4 etc.......Please help guys!!!

Hi Guys, if you tried all sort of troubleshooting to get your iphone back to charging again, you may want to visit my blog because I got some thing that might work for you. It worked for me. I got my 3Gs charging again. Some Tips that might help you.

http://thegizmoexpress.blogspot.com/2012/08/fix-iphone-3gs-charging-is-not.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.