Chase Customers Phishing Scam - Beware

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rdowns, May 30, 2006.

1. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Received this today, one of the better looking phishing emails I have received. Why do they always have poor English/syntax in them? Sadly, lots will take the bait.

Might have gotten more interest if they used the email I have on file with Chase.

Attached Files:

2. riciad macrumors 6502

I got one of these, live in Ireland and don't even have an account at Chase.

3. iGary Guest

iGary

I get them from American Express (don't have one of those), Chase (don't have one of those), Banks of America (do ALL my banking with them) and many many others, sadly.

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

im sorry but that one is rather bad. I've seen some sent out from eBay and stuff that look much more "realistic" than that. I mean come on, other than the Chase symbol it would be a pop up ad if they simply added some flashing colors in the back of the CLICK TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Here's something I got several days ago. I realize this is probably a scam, but it sure SEEMS harmless. :eek: Anyway, I haven't clicked on the link, but I'm very very tempted. I haven't given them any personal info, but the part of the link that says "login-run" is suss.

6. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Here's what? I don't see what your referring to, sorry. :confused:

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That's because I'm an idiot.

Attached Files:

8. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

That is most definitely a scam email, I get ones just like it on occasion... don't bother clicking the link.

9. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Got one of these a few months ago. I had an account there years ago. It confused me when I got it but just figured it either as a mistake or a scam.