Chavez: U.S. is fueling terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 18, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

"UN out of the US". hilarious.

and how about his suggestion of eliminating veto power?

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

But understandable. Why not relocate to Geneva. No terrorists there, and the Swiss have not launched any pre-emptive wars lately.

Well, he has a point. Can the US and UK be trusted to uphold the moral obligations of the UN?

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

or toss another bone to the belgians?

it's hilarious to me, because there's always been a "US out the UN!" movement in the states. i remember seeing such billboards when i was a kid.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Ah. Missed that.

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

chavez is on a roll!

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush does seem to be everywhere there is a "Oil problem" Afghanistan,Iraq, and now Venezuela. It wouldnt surpise me if its true. The Megacorporations run this country not everyday folk.

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

And can Russia, China and France?

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well... yeah.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

When you were a kid? I see those signs every time I drive into Visalia. There's at least 3 of them before you get into town.

10. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

And have for a long time. There were business interests that had plans to assassinate FDR IIRC.

It really makes one wonder about the energy closed door roundtable that Cheney held at the start of this Administration. How soon do we have China entering in to wars for oil?

11. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

bad phrasing. i should have said "starting when i was a kid."

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I gotcha. Just making sure no one thought those signs had gone away...

Come to think of it, it might solve a lot of problems to have the UN move it's headquarters out of NY.

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

There are some in the US that would love nothing more than the UN to go away. For it would make it far easier for us to expand our role as the worlds savior or policeman.

14. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    personally i think he's not far from the truth.

the united states aren't much better than most other "evil" countries, north korea and the such. at least they have said they'll stop with the nuclear weapons, wish i could say the same about the states. :rolleyes: why should america have "wmd's" and no one else?

oh, and in my book, "pre-emptive strike" means "unprovoked attack"

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

No one else? you better look a little harder. There are lots of Nuclear powers. As for N. Korea those people need food but instead they have a leader who thought Nukes were better then food. wrong. They arent giving up nukes because they want to go green, the world is forcing them to.
    As far as U.S. policy its just that we have republicans running all branches and they are F.......up everything we have done the past 50 years to bring the world together.

16. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Some communist leader in France once said that the US is the only country in the world who succed in accomplishing the goals of the "Revolution". If you see:

- The Government is in control of all your finances and lives from your taxes.
    - The US is spreading its way of living with the globalization.
    - Is invading other countries on his favor. Don't you remember Bush "If they are not with US they are against US?

And so on.

As a Venezuelan person...

What Chavez is doing is critizicing others with facts and creating an smoke bomb to distract the problems from Venezuela.

Just to let you know, Chavez is occupating 3 mayor private farms because "they are not using their lands". Less than 5% of the land in Venezuela is private propierty, there is a 95% of productive land (I am not talking forest or jungle) the government can work on.

The government is telling the poor people they are in the right to take over private lands if the wish. So Chavez is steeling private property with machinery to give to the poor.

Chavez is giving some other lands too for poor people to develop but:

- These people have no education about agriculture.
    - The are given 2 pigs, 10 chicken and a bag of seeds.
    - The land is a consecion, it does not belong to the people.

So, is a big bluff and if the government feels like it they are going to take the land when ever they want.

The same thing with the rentals...

If you live in an apartment and you can not pay the rent any more you can stay there as long as you want now.

We have an apartment we want to sell and the people living there can stay for one year and a half while "they look for a new place". Now, these people are paying rent at list but if they do not want to we are FU.

Those are measures taken by the government because there are no jobs and Chavez wants to kill the mid class and regulate everything. In other words, comunism.

Of course he is attacking in advance anybody, specially the US and spacially Bush and the thing is that Bush is a pathetic idiot any way.

All the things Chavez promisses at the Bronx are just lies. Chavez told the people he want to sell gasoline cheaper in those poor places but there are regulations. Then he is going to say "the US government does not want to" and blame Bush while at first he was not even interested in doing such thing.

Today Chavez is telling "in Cuba the chikens are better treated than the black people in New Orleans". Chavez is going to start dividing the US now and you may end up with heavy social conflicts and riots instead of resolving the situation and creating awarness.

Then, the ignorant people see him like a hero... come here to Venezuela and take a look!

17. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Chavez might not be the most upright of people, but he does make some valid points there.

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Start!?!