Cheap 1GB(512x2) iMac g5 Ram

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by fradac, Oct 1, 2004.

1. fradac macrumors regular

2. jestershinra macrumors regular

I think that RAM should work in PM G5's as well.

I don't know about Corsair for Mac. I know their PC stuff is reputable, but I've never used it in a Mac.(and yes, I know, technically RAM is platform spacific, but I've yet to see a PC using DDR3200)

Anyone have experinces to share?

3. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Wow, that is a very good price. However, when I asked a question about Corsair memory in another thread, I found out that they don't support Macs. If you call Corsair about defective RAM, and they find out you are using a Mac, this person suggested that you will have a difficult time getting a replacement.

That being said, it looks like this RAM should be compatible with both the iMac G5 and the PowerMac G5.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

RAM is RAM is RAM. So long as the specs are right (speed, pins etc) it'll work in either PC or Mac that is designed to take that type of memory. Both the iMac G5 & the Power Mac G5 will take this as it is 400MHz PC3200. Any 800MHz FSB P4 will also take it along with a host of other chips.

As for them not supporting Macs' just tell 'em it's in a PC and send it packing, it's not rocket science :rolleyes:

5. VAmin macrumors member

If you want really good low latency ram for the mac, I've always gotten good stuff from www.hardcorecooling.us

6. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I'm using 2 512mb Corsair DIMMs in my iMac G5. Working great.