cheap deal on 15" PB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ibrainch, Jun 22, 2004.

1. ibrainch macrumors regular

I am looking to buy the following PB - PowerBook G4 1.25GHz/512MB/80GB/SuperDrive/AP Extreme Card/GigE/Aluminum/15"TFT - Refurbished F8981LL/A

It is priced at $1899 on the Apple Special Deals section - anyone seen it for less at any other stores? Thanks for help.

2. reaper macrumors 6502

Haven't really done any looking for refurbs lately, but that seems like a pretty good deal. Does it have the backlit keyboard and bluetooth? If it does, it would seem that the only real differences between the new rev c's and this refurb would be the slower hd and video card, and a slight hit in processing power. Seems like a good deal to me...

- reaper

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

apple controls what price retailers charge for their products - so some retailers try to do better by bundling some freebies (printer, memory, etc.) - but they can't price it much lower than "official" price. so you will most likely not see a price much lower than the official appletore prices, much less those of the refurb store.

beware of too good to be true prices - they are likely to be scams.

4. ibrainch thread starter macrumors regular

pb 15"

Yes, it has bluetooth and backlit keyboard - thanks for info - i think i will go ahead and buy...