Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crabbydaddy2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
hi,

i recently went to a local auction and purchased an apple cinema display and isight for 200.00! :eek: :) In my powermac now i only have vga so i can't really do anything with the display. I need a new graphics card for my powermac dual 500mhz....i only have the apple connenction and the vga. Could anyone make a good suggestion of one (preferably under 35.00!....i'm going 2 be buying a mac mini in the next month or so)

thanks 4 yalls help!

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
hi,

i recently went to a local auction and purchased an apple cinema display and isight for 200.00! :eek: :) In my powermac now i only have vga so i can't really do anything with the display. I need a new graphics card for my powermac dual 500mhz....i only have the apple connenction and the vga. Could anyone make a good suggestion of one (preferably under 35.00!....i'm going 2 be buying a mac mini in the next month or so)

thanks 4 yalls help!

A Radeon 8500 would be great, IF you can find one! Should run ~$40. You could always get a pci-based card like the Radeon 7000 or 9200, even though they are much less powerful, they are becoming hard to find also.

You may wanna look on ebay for a flashed peecee card, they usually go for alot less than genuine mac-specific cards.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.