Cheap DVI graphics card for a Powermac G4 Dualie?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by crabbydaddy2, Feb 10, 2007.

1. crabbydaddy2 macrumors member

Jan 18, 2007

i recently went to a local auction and purchased an apple cinema display and isight for 200.00! :eek: :) In my powermac now i only have vga so i can't really do anything with the display. I need a new graphics card for my powermac dual 500mhz....i only have the apple connenction and the vga. Could anyone make a good suggestion of one (preferably under 35.00!....i'm going 2 be buying a mac mini in the next month or so)

thanks 4 yalls help!
  2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm only really here at night.
    A Radeon 8500 would be great, IF you can find one! Should run ~$40. You could always get a pci-based card like the Radeon 7000 or 9200, even though they are much less powerful, they are becoming hard to find also.

You may wanna look on ebay for a flashed peecee card, they usually go for alot less than genuine mac-specific cards.......
  3. Yoursh macrumors 6502

May 28, 2006
    If the card in your system now has a ADC connector like you mentioned, you can get a ADC to DVI cable for $30-$40 online. It would be the cheapest and easy fix. Otherwise your going to have to due some hunting since like the previous post stated, it's hard to find a genuine Mac card for older Powermac's.

Edit:Here's an example