cheap headphones

Discussion in 'iPod' started by celebrian23, Jun 4, 2006.

1. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

My headphones broke about 2 months ago. I've been continuously just taping them together. I figured with my first ipod purchase (a shuffle next week) I should buy some new headphones. I can't do earbuds- I hate the apple ones as they only stay in one ear, and I find earbuds just worrisome in general. What is the best headphone purchase under $50? I can afford more expensive (and thus better) ones, but as I have a gift for losing things, I'd rather lose something that won't hurt my wallet. Anyone know anything about these: Sony MDR-NC6 and
    Sony MDR-V300 noise cancelling or anything sennheiser? All reccomendations welcome, noise and non-noise cancelling welcome :p

2. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

I don't think you can go past a pair of Koss porta pro headphones. They are unbelievable. Big big sound, a huge tight bass response. They can even make a $6 radio sound good. And their design makes for a very open, clean sound. They are also extemely comfortable due to their temple pads that remove any pressure on your ears. And they fold away into a little bag.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Koss KSC75 earclip phones are not bad for non noise reducing phones. You can get them for like $15 off Amazon, undoubtedly cheaper elsewhere. The Sennheiser PX100 are better sounding, better designed and you can get them for about 30 bucks. Not a lifetime warranty like Koss but two years.

Isolating phones, avoid the Sony V300. Not only do they keep minimal noise out they sound like crud. If going for that then Sennheiser PX200 or AKG's K26P are better as both keep out just a bit more noise and both sound better (but not better than the open PX100).

4. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Griffin EarThumps. They are around £13 in the UK, so probably $20 ish Stateside. Can't go wrong with them IMO (and I have sets of Sure e2c's, Sennheiser OMX70's & v-moda Remix M-Class) a great bargin basement in-ear performer. Have a look at the earthumps thread for some more opinions.