Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al0513

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
First off, I'm new to Macs. Came from a 15" Sony Vaio to a New 13" MBA.
Bought it Sunday, and already love it. I have been looking for cases/skins and such.

I just purchased a White Carbon Fiber Skin- love the look- and decided to buy a sleeve just in case I take it out of the house.

Looked around online and found this Incipio case. It is white, but since my MBA will be white, it works. Its $14.99 but there is a 15% off coupon code, FBFAN2011, brings it to $12.74 plus FREE shipping.

http://www.myincipio.com/MacBook-Ai...o-MacBook-Air-13in-ORION-Slim-Sleeve-Case.asp

Thought I would share this with you guys. Thought this deal was too good to pass up. The black one is only $17 shipped after discount.

daonesteven

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Baltimore, MD
i have this sleeve for the 11" air but I ended up getting another one. It was good for the first couple times I used it, then I found that the sleeve isn't "tight" enough to keep the macbook secure inside the sleeve during transport. For me at least, the reason may have been that I was using it vertically in my backpack. I'd assume that if you had a messenger bag or some other horizontal setup, then it should suit your needs adequately. FYI.

al0513

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Ive read reviews on here on the 13". It said it was quite snug. Ill post my own review when I get it in. Plus I will have that carbon fiber skin on it so I guess that should help a little.

I wouldnt be using the sleeve too much- only when I travel and when that happens I have a laptop compartment in my North Face backpack that is very tight and cushioned.

cragmr

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
I just got one. Hope it does the job, but if not then I guess I can use it for something else.

Only had my Air for 4 days now so I'll post some impressions when I get it in.

al0513

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
I don't think I got taxed. I figured for $12.75, if i don't use it, its not a big loss.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
oh... the Asphalt Gray looks nice.

+1

I've had the Asphalt Gray one since my 1st Gen MBA and it has been a winner. 'Sold the MBA but kept the sleeve. Now I've using it on my 2011 13" MBA. It's still a winner. I can throw the sleeved MBA in my backpack without worries and I keep the MBA sleeved when I'm not using it. It's snug enough and has good padding.

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
In my experience - and I have both - the Incipio sleeve doesn't leave marks on your Wrapsol cover!

This is not of consequence if you don't have Wrapsol installed on your MBA, of course.

The only fault I can ascribe to the Incipio sleeve is that over time, the edges tend to fray over time. Aside from that, it's a great bargain.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
There is an 11 inch version as well. But as someone else said, I am seeing $19.99 now on all but the 13 inch white case.

Still, a nice sleeve for the $. In for one.

al0513

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Sorry, I should have clarified that it was $14.99 for only the white.

I dont know why that is.... maybe it didnt sell so well?

Anyways, all the others are $19.99 but theres a 15% off coupon that brings it to $17 plus free shipping. Also, within 40 min of ordering, I got an email saying it was shipped! Should get here Saturday at the latest im hoping.

al0513

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
It came in today. Post office failed to deliver it saturday. Looks and feels great. They even sent it in a large flat rate box so the way i see it is .. i paid $7 for shipping and $5 for the actual product.

zapbranighan

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
Looks like a good deal to me. Too bad the 11" version isn't on sale. I would've like to pick up both sizes since my wife has the 11" MBA.

al0513

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Looks like a good deal to me. Too bad the 11" version isn't on sale. I would've like to pick up both sizes since my wife has the 11" MBA.

Thats interesting that the 11" white ones arent on sale. You can always use the discount code... $12 + 17= $29 shipped for two sleeves isnt bad considering most cases usually cost $30 + shipping...

Shoot my white carbon fiber sticker was $37 lol.

kulimer

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
Do they have one for the charger? how does everyone handle their chargers, just toss it in the bag pack?

al0513

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Do they have one for the charger? how does everyone handle their chargers, just toss it in the bag pack?

You know, I do wish they had one that included a place for the charger. But the thing is most of the sleeves out there doesnt offer the charger...

I plan on using it just taking out of my house and wont be without the charger for long. I dont have any trips planned but when i do, ill just throw the charger into my bag.

cragmr

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
The gray is a nice color. The MBA only fits in one way though, and it is a snug fit. Great starter sleeve though. This should suit my needs as I'm only taking my MBA from home to my office and back.

Ohlias

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2011
Canada
The gray is a nice color. The MBA only fits in one way though, and it is a snug fit. Great starter sleeve though. This should suit my needs as I'm only taking my MBA from home to my office and back.

I got both the sleeve and their hard case. Yes, the sleeve is too snug to house the Air with the hard case on. Unless you don't mind it sticking out almost an inch.

Did anyone else notice the a the sleeve smells a little funky...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.