Cheap Media and Cases Where?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jimsowden, Aug 16, 2004.

1. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I got 100 blank DVD-Rs from NewEgg for $35, which is a good deal, and the media is high quality. Now I need some Large DVD Jewel cases. Staples and CompUSA are charging upwards of $1 a case, which is crazy. My question is where can I get some? I found this site called BigPockets and they have the right price, but they are UK only, and I'm in the US. I also found 1800CDR.com, and this is what I'm looking for, but I don't trust that site, plus they may be of poor quality. Anyone have a secret to share?

2. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I know at Best Buy, you can buy the cases like normal DVDs come in for $10 for a pack of ten. It's still a buck a case, but they are really nice quality.

3. narco macrumors 65816

narco

4. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Yeah, I found that site soon after I posted in this forum. I need full sized ones, which they also have, but it still seems expensive for what you get. I need the big ones because the covers of movies are set-up for them.

5. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

The best I've found so far are the full sized from SuperMediaStore.com. They are 100 for 14 +shipping. Sounds fair to me. Hope they are good quality.

Linky Linky

400th Post!

6. narco macrumors 65816

narco

I used to buy my full sized DVD cases at Blockbuster video. They sold used ones (which were all in good shape) for 10¢ each. You should try various video stores in your area.

.narco

7. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

I use these -

Case Logic CDS100 CD ProSleeves
    [​IMG]

Case Logic CDW-128 CD Wallet
    [​IMG]

8. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Ok, after much looking I think i found the one stop source. Its www.shop4tech.com. They have 25pack DVD cases for 9.75 shipped, and their printable media is about $40 for 100. I think this is the place to go. Hope this helps anyone looking for this info.