Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Anyone have a "cheap" monolight/remote flash sync setup that they would recommend?

vivitar 285HV, gadgetinfinity.com 4-channel RF kit, lumopro 8ft 3 section stand. all can be had for under $100. the last piece of my kit came in the mail today, and all of this stuff is great!

webster73

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2009
Anyone have a "cheap" monolight/remote flash sync setup that they would recommend?
I have a Konica Minolta and use a Vivitar A200 remote flash. It has an ISO/10' number of 93 and can be triggered by any point and shoot or prosumer camera with built in flash. I use it mostly as a bounce flash for portrait type lighting. The zoom head (wide to tele) can be bounced and rotated for aiming. It has four power options (full, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16). Large rooms work well with full power and smaller rooms use 1/4 power. Construction is fairly inexpensive, so be careful where you put it. An alternitive is the Quanteray OMS-D1 but it is not as powerful and has no power options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.