Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb31

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2005
Fantastic spot, I've just bought the 12" to tide me over until Santa Rosa and Leopard next year.

Many thanks

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
these sales

What are these sales? Are they extra stock from Apple? Are these agents used to sell stock that the manufacturers dont want?

How does it work?

Does anyone know if they'll have anymore in?

Do they come with one-year warranty from the date of purchase?

Thanks,

F

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
they all seem to be sold out I would have pounced on one the the 12" powerbook's though,

Shame,

ShadoW

cb31

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2005
Absolute tossers. I called up earlier to arrange a delivery time and they said they had to cancel my order as they had none. I explained I had a confirmed receipt but to no avail. They said they only had 1 for sale and 6 people had "bought" it, unfortunately for me I wasn't the first.

I tried to get through to them that it was fine to only have 1 for sale but once it had gone it should be removed from sale but the bloke wasn't getting it. Absolutely useless company. Back to waiting again.

weckart

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
I feel responsible for putting up the links in the first place. Sooooo... by way of an apology, I can confirm a definite bargain if you are looking for a Nano and are in the Watford area. John Lewis has dropped the price of the aluminium Nano - 2GB to £79 and the 4GB to £99. This is price matching in response to another local supplier and these are the prices advertised on the Nano stand, so you will not have to ask specially. This is not available online and only from the Watford branch in the Harlequin centre. I confirmed the prices today with the shop, so they are still valid.

This may be of interest to some with Xmas coming up.

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
Powermaxx?

i think powermaxx sells these too. the ppc g4 powerbooks are still a great value.

Sorry to be a pain, but can you provide a link to the powermaxx company you're refferring to? I can't seem to locate the organisation you're talking about

Cheers,

F

Frankf300

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2006
NY
I think he's referring to this company: http://www.powermax.com/
I was going to order my iBook from them, but went with geeks.com instead. Although, I think that both of those store strictly deal with US customers; not sure though.

jdavtz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2005
Kenya
Well the Currys store in Ellesmere Port has 12" and 15" Powerbook G4s in stock with a massive £50 off the original retail price if you want one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.