Cheap shot at Woz

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Gm7Cadd9, Jul 24, 2006.

1. macrumors member

http://msn-cnet.com.com/2300-1041_3...net&subj=ns_3-6091338-8&tag=msn_home&GT1=8394

This was on the front page of hotmail today citing the top 10 worst tech innovations of 2006... topping out the list is the Segway, but if you ask me this was all just a ploy to chake a cheap shot at Steve Wozniak. Take a look at what they said:

"1. Worst new sport: Segway polo

Hmm, if only there were a way to combine the dorkiness of riding a Segway with the snobbery of a polo match. It seems Apple Computer co-founder Steve Wozniak's next venture is to popularize the game of Segway polo, once he's done finding ways of cheating in it and forcing them to rewrite the rules every week. When Woz isn't busy annoying everyone on the Segway polo grounds with "tactics" such as throwing his mallet and clubbing shots over their heads, he's busy braining passersby with errant shots. See all this and more in our incredibly uncomfortable video."

:confused:

2. Guest

iGary

How is that a "technology?"

And here I am having serious doubts about my journalistic abilities.

3. macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

"Uncomfortable" on so many levels. The guy should ditch the segway and jog around a little. I guess you have to kill time somehow with all that money.

4. macrumors 604

zap2

5. macrumors 68000

Shadow

Yaay for Segway! In French we always annoy the teacher with them. Its really funny. "Whats this word?"......"Segway!"

6. macrumors 68040

BoyBach

There really needs to be a new series of Arrested Development!

7. macrumors G4

dmw007

Ya, I would imagine so. :)

8. macrumors G4

Mord

the segway is just one side of the coin, the wheel chairs they make are amazing and improve the quality of life for thousands of people.

9. macrumors member

I never really see the point in a Segway... wouldn't it just be easier to whack a third wheel on the front, like good ol' Maddox suggested? I just never really saw the attraction...

I'm sure someone will explain it to me.

10. macrumors G4

I'm not sure that they can. There are some things that you get and others that you don't. The Segway is a gyroscopically-balanced two-wheel scooter. You manuver it by shifting your weight. This paradigm would not be possible if the Segway had three wheels as is the case with some of its imitators. It takes a couple of minutes to get the hang of it, but it only takes a couple of minutes. Quickly, machine and rider become one.