Cheap UK iBook RAM

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by XIII, Jun 4, 2005.

1. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

If, on www.crucial.com/uk, you go through the process to select memory for your iBook G4, and then select the 1GB stick, you will find it is £85 including shipping and VAT, as opposed to a normal price of £125. I just ordered some, and it seems a good deal for iBook users wanting 1GB more RAM. :)

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Just an addition for those who can't stretch to (or don't need) a GB of RAM even at £85

I just ordered a 512MB Kingston stick for my mother's iBook (complete with lifetime guarantee) from ebuyer.co.uk for £46 (inc delivery).

Most impressively, I ordered it a 11pm on Wednesday night and chose the cheapest saver delivery - expected delivery Thursday 16 June. I got home tonight to find that they'd delivered it... I'm impressed!

3. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

For me, eBuyer delivery is the among the worst on the web... perhaps they've improved since I last used them 4 months ago! That's really good news. Not bad pricing either!

Crucial has always been good for me.

4. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses