Cheaper iPods!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macmaniac, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

From Apple:

Enjoy more music for less money. Purchase any iMac, iBook, Power Mac, or PowerBook and an iPod between April 23 and June 30, 2002. And get a $100 rebate on the iPod, Apple’s ultraslim, FireWire-fast MP3 player. Choose the 5GB iPod or the new 10GB iPod—and put up to 2,000 songs in your pocket.

Way Cool!

2. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

3. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Sweet!

Too bad they weren't doing this when I bought my TiBook and iPod. Thats the way the computer world goes I guess.

Taft

4. Macmaniac thread starter macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Where I got This

Go to Macminute.com its the first article.
    Or http://www.apple.com/promo/ipod/

Also just from Apple
    Connect to the Internet wirelessly from anywhere in your home or office—even the backyard. It’s easy. Just buy an AirPort Base Station when you purchase a qualifying Mac portable. And save $100*. But hurry. This no-strings deal lasts only from April 5 to June 30, 2002.

Airport Too!

5. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

With the educational discount I could get a 5 gig ipod for only $269!

The only problem is that I will be buying my mac at macworld this summer. Therefore I hope they run this promotion again, or lower the cost of the ipod later on.

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Maybe this means that the huge huge HUGE HUGE annoucement at MWNY this year will be a new iPod!!! Maybe 20 gig! Oh yippie!!!

NO new G5
    NO new TiBook
    NO faster Powermacs
    NO faster iBooks
    NO faster G4's
    Nothing but a new iPod

Yep, I'm getting ready to bend over to get scr*wed yet again.

Come on Apple, give me something super like the G5 or a new Powerbook or something really cool and new.

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

that's a pretty good deal.

i mean, essentially it lowers the 10 gig to the 5 gig price... which is what most wanted/expected when they announced the 10 gigs at 100 bucks above the 5 gig.... needless to say, it's not so great as you have to actually buy a comp to get the deal...

which is rough on the people who just want the pod.

8. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Probably not...Apple doesn't honor all of their rebates if you use the educational discount. Don't get your hopes up.

-Pete

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its nice, but if you already have a computer, well, it doesn't do me any good. I'd love to see them do a Mac Owner Sale. I've got 2 Macs and I think it'd be nice if they gave me a $100 of an iPod just for supporting them.

I won't buy an iPod unless it comes down in price or goes up in functionality (more PDA like stuff, bigger screen, etc.) But maybe this will give people the incentive to get one now. What's another couple hundred when you're buying a computer.....

10. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

This is great news! Well, to me anyway.. at least I hope it will be. I was planning on getting a Tibook if new ones are released at WWDC and a 5GB ipod. I can get a 10GB ipod for the same price.. woohoo! Even better, they should throw in a free iPod for every mac purchase! yeah right...

Now, let's just hope there are updated pb's at wwdc...

11. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

I checked out the pdf coupon and read all of the fine print. No where does it say that this offer will not work with the educational discount.

12. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Mweheheh! :D Pessimism is great. I'm SO waiting for July. Stevie will be hooked off the stage if he doesn't pull out the bigger guns (a.k.a. G5's).

This should be good.

13. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I'll fly over there and slap him myself
    apple needs this....they are already to far behind