Cheaper Powerbook

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jermsmingy, Mar 17, 2002.

1. jermsmingy macrumors regular

Hey guys since the 667 powerbook with the dvd is only 2499 and I can upgrade the dvd to a combo for 299, couldn't I get a decked out powerbook for 2798? So why is the new powerbook 2999? Just a thought. Although I am still hanging on for new powerbooks. I hope Tokyo! Please apple!

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

you can get the combo one for 2800...around there. depends where you get it. i believe apple has drop 100 dollars from the original price. look around ...go to www.powerbookcentral.com and look at thier powerbook trackers. they give some good info about on good dealers. you might want to ask them the same question you asked in here...they usually respond because they love to help.

also by saying "decked out" do you also include 1 gig ram?

3. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I doub't there will be changes at Tokyo but I hope that there are speed and feature bumps.

If not in Tokyo then almost certainly in AppleExpo: Paris

Ensign Paris!

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

then bump it way up

wintel has a 2.2 ghz laptop with a desktop p4 chip inside and a p4 mobile chip at 1.7 ghz...of course that is apples vs. oranges but consumers sometimes don't know the difference

5. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Apple Store

Go to the Apple Special Savings Store. You will find 550MHz Powerbooks for 1799! I think a 667 is like 2199 with CD-RW.

6. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

well the lowest i saw a 667 dvd/cd-rw was for $2,699.00...and that of course refurbished. so please tell me where you saw it for 2199? i know you said i think so there is a high chance that you saw wrong.