Cheaper version of the smart cover?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Mikey86uk, Jan 8, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 6502a

Many of the reviews I've read for the cheaper one say they're pretty crap. Magnets not as strong and they start peeling at the edges. I've got an official apple one and would recommend it highly, I know it's £35 which is pretty expensive but in comparison to the £400+ piece of kit its protecting I'd say it's worth it. Just ordered a zum back cover to go with it too and still think £55 is worth it to protect the ipad

3. Mikey86uk, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

thread starter macrumors 6502

Where can i find the ZUM in the UK?

Ebay have them, but there coming from Hong Kong which i dont like the sound of.

Thanks

EDIT: Dont worry found them on Amazon UK, went for the white one, and will get a smart cover in the week from Apple.

Thanks for the info :D

4. macrumors 6502a

ive got a white one from amazon uk, got a white ipad and a blue smart cover. think i might swap to a grey one though soon, might nip into apple and see if they'll let me try a coupel to see how they look with the zum

5. macrumors regular

Two suggestions:

1) Check ebay for official smart covers. Most I've seen (even leather ones) are going for about $20-30 nowadays.

2) If you don't like ebay for whatever reason, or want a new product, then check out the Khomo case. It seems to have mixed reviews, but it's cheap and some people swear by it.