cheapest computer for wow?

Discussion in 'Games' started by dylan6950204, Nov 27, 2006.

1. dylan6950204 macrumors member

dylan6950204

witch is the cheapest computer u can buy mac or not that still can run wow well?

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

My friend has a P4 1.5ghz 1.2GB of SDRAM (PC100), and a Radeon 9250 it can run WoW with all the settings on high with no lag unless you are in a high population area. Even in the higher population areas like IF it is still playable. WoW really doesn't need much of a machine or video card.

When we play WoW even though my MBP has far better graphics and processing abilities i cant tell that she is on an older machine.

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

'Well' is a debatable term. For example, I run WoW on my MacBook Core Duo, and it's fairly smooth at max resolution, but I have the distance turned down, shaders off, and a couple of other things. It still looks decent, but I am unable to turn up the options without having it become choppy and (IMO) unplayable. Now, an iMac for about the same price would run WoW far better, but it is not portable. There are tradeoffs to going portable or going desktop. Which one would you prefer?

4. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

My friends and I have found that WoW is really only RAM intensive. Graphics card and processor really don't make much difference if you simply want to run the game with adequate settings.

Daniel.

5. dylan6950204 thread starter macrumors member

dylan6950204

desktop

i would like to keep to desk tops becuse like i dont need a laptop