Cheapest MacBook Pro possible?...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by omgwut, Jul 30, 2006.

1. omgwut macrumors 6502

omgwut

Hey there,
    I'm considering getting myself a MacBook Pro before the summer's end, but they can be pretty pricey..

Including the Apple Store, Apple Store refurbished models, third-party resellers, anything (excluding eBay), where do you think I can find a MacBook Pro 15" or 17" for the absolute cheapest prices available?

Thanks!

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

You pretty much listed it... YOu could try craigslist and search your local area see if anyone is selling for cheap. Other than that... amazon.com?

3. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

i personally wouldn't get anything but an official apple refurb

and one more word of advice, WWDC is in 8 days, you should see what comes out then before making any purchases.

new hardware release = old hardware becomes cheaper

4. omgwut thread starter macrumors 6502

omgwut

Well, I was actually asking if you know of any specific reseller sites that are listing them at pretty cheap prices. I'll check Amazon, too.

Yeah, I definitely plan on at least waiting to see what happens at WWDC. I'm excited at the prospect of a redesigned MacBook Pro case, but if it results in cheaper current models, I'll gladly stick with what's available right now.

5. Oofie macrumors regular

Macconnection.com has the 1.83 ghz 15" model for 1499 shipped without tax. I just got mine yeserday and it it amazing!

6. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

That's a good value... otherwise, wait until the MBP is updated to Core 2 Duo. Then hawk eBay for a sweet deal, from all those who simply "must" have the latest...

7. omgwut thread starter macrumors 6502

omgwut

Are they more recent models? Any problems with noise or heat?

8. Oofie macrumors regular

It's a build week 26, W826XXXXX. Yes, it does have the whine and a bit hot, but compared to a MB we have, its relatively cooler. Cant beat the price, 1499 for a MBP plus a free carrying case after rebates.

9. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Right at the opening of this website, Macrumors.com, sometimes has a pretty sweet deal. Never clicked on it, but a 17" MBP was going for 2405. Not to bad at all... Check that if it comes up.

10. blackout8 macrumors member

Dude, thats 5 words. :p

11. omgwut thread starter macrumors 6502

omgwut

Zing!

12. bloodycape macrumors 65816

If you are lucky you can get a MBP 1.83 open box for almost the same price as a top of the line MB.

13. Oofie macrumors regular

I got a brandnew one for 1499, same price as the black MB:D