cheapest phone service for iphone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by theinternetbull, Jun 23, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Whats the cheapest phone service you can get on a locked iphone without getting a plan?? And dose any one know of a website that sells iphones for under 90 dollars?

Yes im cheap :cool:

2. macrumors 6502a

You l in a wonderland , For cheap you can get prepaid ,

3. macrumors 6502

Blue Fox

Then the iPhone is not for you.:D

4. macrumors 601

andiwm2003

what country?

in the US there is only ATT and that costs at least 75 dollar or so.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Us im looking to buy a iphone off a website for cheap but if not ill just buy it off of some one. By the way when you say 75 dollars do you mean the phone or the service?

oooo lol you would be surprised

yes sir with michael jackson and bubbles

Besides that i can easily afford a cheap iphone

The service on the other hand ill have a fun time with

6. macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

Without a plan, you're not gonna find a iphone for much cheaper than $200, and that's probably only for the original iPhone.

Seriously, if you want cheap, look elsewhere.

7. macrumors regular

a used, last-generation iphone (3G), locked or unlocked, will set you back at least $200 (ebay, craigslist etc). You can pick whatever GSM plans you want with that, even pay-as-you-go plans. Going the AT&T route, you'll be paying at least $75+tax per month, on top of the 99/199/299 for new phone.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

what about first or second generation?

9. macrumors 604

There was a story where AT&T was telling people with iPhones and prepaid plans that they had to go to a different plan. check with the carrier before you buy.

10. macrumors 6502

First generation iPhones last I checked (2 weeks ago) were going for more than $220+. Not sure what you mean by second generation, as the 3g was second generation, and those prices were already outlined above.

You're not going to find an iPhone for "cheap". It just won't happen.

11. macrumors 6502

There anyway to use an iPhone on tmobile with myfaves?

12. macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

Yes and No.

You can Jailbreak the iPhone and it'll work on any GSM network. You won't be able to use the MyFaves interface, but the network will count the calls as MyFaves as long as they match the number you registered to be a MyFaves. You can manage this from their website.

I do this with my MotoROKR E8, which originally had Tmobile firmware but it was complete balls.

13. macrumors 6502a

You can always buy the iphone at your local pawn shop :D

14. thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah ill just go with that lol thnks though guys

15. macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

I have a first generation iPhone I would be willing to sell you. However, I have found $200 to $300 to be the going price on eBay and I would like at least $200. :cool:

16. macrumors 65816

An iPhone without the data access isn't worth it though. Yeah, you can make phone calls and then use the other features, but all the coolest features and apps require data access.

I am not sure how data access goes if you take it to another carrier, but if it works then maybe it could be worth it (though if you get a decent data plan, you are almost going to be paying as much as AT&T anyway most likely).

I think someone here said it best, if you are cheap, the iPhone is not for you. I'd even venture to say that many if not most Apple products are not for you. Apple is about a quality experience that you pay for, not about being a budget solution, the iPhone is no exception.

17. macrumors 6502

So its possible but the only way to edit myFaves would be through online access?

thatd be perfectly fine, i have a solid myFaves (havent changed em since i got the phone over a year ago)