Check my music! :D

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mmmdreg, Jan 21, 2004.

1. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Click the link to here my one and only, original attempt at non-classical music. Get it in AAC or MP3!!. Constructive criticism would be nice :D So would praise lol.

2. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Sounds good. Like some pink floyd, ok go, and the mission impossible theme song mixed together.

Only thing is it seems like its all distorted...and not good distortion either..maybe its just me..is it supposed to be like this?

3. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

yep i like this but there is a distortion thing happening on some parts of it but all in all i like it reminds me of james bond for some reason.

All this is wanting me to post up some of my tracks so i think i will :)

4. mmmdreg thread starter macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

I'll try and lose the effects. It's just I was trying to blend multiple guitar parts in the same line that had different tonal qualities.

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

So this is how Garageband will change the forums!

:p

6. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

I really liked it! It's a great groove/techno/James Bond type mix you have there. It almost sounds like the soundtrack for an episode of Alias!:D

I agree about the distortion in the middle... I thought there was something wrong with my speakers for a second there.;)

Great job!

7. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

mmmdreg: Very nice.

Was this actually done using GarageBand?

If so it would be nice to read what your setup is, how you recorded the guitars, how you made some of the sounds, your experience in using Garageband, hints and tips etc.

Speaking as a guy that is keen to get to grips with Garageband who has never got further than a 4-track portable tape deck before, reading about how you went about making your track and your experiences with Garageband, would be invaluable.

Of course if you are sensitive to sharing such information I will understand.
    cheers
    Vanilla

8. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

mind control?

it kicked ass especially the last minute or so
    but if I were to play the last thirty seconds backwards what would it really say? :D

9. mmmdreg thread starter macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Vanilla -> It was done in Soundtrack. I was just mucking around with it until my Garageband gets delivered. All the music is pre-done loops :D Yes I'm a cheat :D When I get my cable for the guitar and garageband, I'll post up a thing done more by me :D

I take it you could do the same thing as my music in garage band though yah?

jrv -> the "distortion in the middle" -> you're referring to before the sudden quiet bit right?

10. mmmdreg thread starter macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

All of you. If you wanna play it for some reason, I tabbed it for ya'll :D Enjoy!

Attached Files: