Check out my near perfectly illuminated macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Anthony8720, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Anthony8720 macrumors regular

Just got it today, and my display seems fine.

[​IMG]

Although, i do have one dead/stuck pixel....I guess you cant win em all.

2. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

One dead pixel is nothing to complain about. I'd say your display is perfect. Mine is perfect too. Sweet I'm happy for ya buddy. Cheers, tom

3. inf macrumors 6502

inf

That's a very good display quality, if you compare it to the other pictures floating in the net. Congrats

PS. I hope my new MBP 15" will have a perfect display too (ordered today) :)

4. adiosk8 macrumors regular

You can search around on tips to do it, but you can probably "rub" that dead pixel out.....turn off your computer and gently massage that part and turn it on in the process and you can kind of work that spot out. I'm pretty sure you could get that working.

5. hotboiled macrumors member

:p same here

perfect display but 1 dead pixel in the right bottom part :(

6. coday182 macrumors regular

coday182

7. LastZion macrumors 6502a

Cool I have never heard of that. I have no dead guys yet... knock on wood. Thanks for the tip.

8. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

This works, most people and Apple say this does nothing but i cleared out a line of dead pixels on my iMac and they rubbed out You just have to be SUPER carefull!!!!

9. saga macrumors regular

Nice screen. I was wondering how you get that white screen. I imagine that it makes it easy to see dead pixels? So far I have not seen any, but maybe I am not using the right color screen.

10. miniguu macrumors regular

Hey, what's your screen model no?

11. sepu macrumors regular

where is the dead pixel ? I cant see it ? can you make a circle I got mine a week ago and I think mine looks pretty much as yours .... I cant really tell when you have a dead pixel ....
    I will take a pic of my MBP ....

here its mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

do you see any dead pixel ?

12. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

No dead pixels here, perfectly illuminated display...

13. ElCamino macrumors member

ElCamino

I also got my MBP week and half ago and it has a perfect screen all even light throught. :D

Just FYI I had purchased a Macbook back in July and it had a dead pixel or stuck pixel as some say but I took the Macbook back to the Apple store and they exchanged it for another new one.

14. Anthony8720 thread starter macrumors regular

My screen is a 9C57.

And about the stuck pixel, im one of those people that actually accepts the fact that these things happen on this type of display. Its only one, and other than that, this thing is absolutely perfect. The screen even closes perfectly flush. So i guess ill just learn to live with it. I have had three laptops, and unfortunately all of them had at least one stuck pixel. The only one that really bothers me is the one on my psp! But kidos to those who have no stuck pixels at all.

15. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

you can use this movie to unstuck your dead pixel, sometimes it works, sometimes not but its worth a try :D

16. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

17. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

I had a stuck pixel on my 20" aluminum cinema display. It wasn't there when I first got it -- only appeared after I moved (it was packed away in the original foam packaging, but it might have gotten jostled a bit?).

I used a little quicktime movie that I found online that flashed through a bunch of colors... no change. I tried gently massaging the spot with a microfiber cloth... no change. I finally decided I would just live with it. A month or two later, it went away and hasn't come back.

18. Viremia macrumors regular

I must be another of the lucky few. As I have no stuck/dead pixels and my screen is almost perfectly uniform (as close as I've seen for any lcd)

19. S2NINJA macrumors member

S2NINJA

me too! perfect 15.4" display!! uniform lighting and no dead/stuck pixels.

20. PDE macrumors 68020

Are you able to post some photos with a light and grey background? Would be appreciated and a would instil confidence in many users that there are at least a few evenly illuminated display out there...

cheers,

21. FreshMess macrumors newbie

my concern is the possibility of scratching off some of the paint on my blackbook when trying to wedge out the display.....

22. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Not to rain on your parade but uneven backlight is the least of your concerns. I can see the same narrow viewing angle issues of that screen you have. Coupled with the graininess and I won't see you working on that machine for extended periods (read > 30 mins).

23. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

The movie has dead pixels in it. :D

My screen is perfect. Although I have no idea how grainy screens or uneven backlight screens look like. It does strain my eyes after a couple of hours working in it.

Hey, congrats.

The MBP 17"er arrived today. Awesome.

24. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

It may have been more accurate to state "this next phrase is specifically designed to rain on your parade"...

25. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Alright then :p

Personally I am not too bothered by uneven backlighting. It is the sparkling screen that really kills it, especially when you are browsing the web (with white backgrounds) or text editing.