Check out my site

Discussion in 'Community' started by medea, Aug 4, 2002.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

It's more of a personal site than something the scale of say MacRumors but we'll have some news, reviews, and tips for OS X on it, check out TotalOSX @ http://www.powermac.at/osx (I disabled the link here because Im new to the board and not sure what your policy is on open links in here)
    Thanks.
    Richard

[admin edit: Fixed the link. Links are fine.]

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

I assume you mean "www" not "wxw". :p

I tested the site with Mozilla 1.0 and OS 9.

Other than what I have been able to define as a Mozilla error, I would like to suggest a few things. But first, I found that when in the news sections I try to click on the article scroll arrows, but the arrow is behind the image picture for one of the links on the left, so I keep clicking on that instead of the arrow.

Now, to suggestions. The OS X theme is all and well, but I was wondering if you can make the orange text with blue a little less painful to the eye (apps/download section). Second, if there is a way to scale the entire background and stuff to not look so "wide" that would be more attractive. Finally, is there something you could add at the top of the background, like the white/gray theme in OS X? It doesn't have to be file menus, but maybe you could put the links on the left up there and have the links act as pull down menus.

Out of a 10 point scale, I'll give you a 9. You have a solid theme going and there is not too much variation that detracts from it, but these little errors and stuff can be improved to make the site look more interesting. :cool:

3. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Dont worry, open links are fine, let's all post open links http://www.asurace.de.vu ;)

I like the site, I give it an 8.5 out 11.

4. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

funny... your site doesn't work with OmniWeb, Total OS X.

Now, for my site: http://homepage.mac.com/g4scott

It's actually a site for my boy scout troop, but it's all I got...

I could post the link of my IP for my streaming server, but my ISP would sh*t bricks on me if I started to generate tons of traffic...

5. job macrumors 68040

job

I like the look of your site. Overall very asthetically pleasing. :)

8.9 out of 10.

And my turn at a shameless plug :

Visit http://www.thehub.de.vu :)

6. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

man thats would take ages to do, but man you almost had us, I'm not bagging you out, but www.moonfruits.com does it for you, but hey man nice place 9/10

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

hitman, are you sure you wanted to take out ALL the periods in your quote? I did suggest earlier not to have as many. Are you sure you don't want to put three at the very end of the quote?

Scott, excellent site(s). That's about as close as perfect you can come to something along your theme. (Mozilla 1.0, OS 9)

8. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

Hey thanks everybody, I appreciate all the comments, its a brand new site (set it up the same day as the Expo) so Im still making many changes to it, but we do already have over 3000 hits.
    Thanks again everyone,
    -Richard
    Oh and I did mean wxw because i wasnt sure if you were allowed to post live links on the forum, but now I do.:p

9. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU