Check Out My Video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jer446, Dec 11, 2006.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

That was awesome. Normally I have things to say about videos... but this one... it was perfect. Very good. Simply put.

3. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

When you put powerful images like these together with powerful music (like U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday" -- lord I love this song), there's no doubt you'll get a powerful message for a video. Well done!!!

A constructive crticism, if I may:
    There are a few too many different title treatments being used for my tastes. You use simple white text on black "chapter headings" for most of it, but then you use a different type of title (in just once instance) for "Jim Crow Laws" and another completely different one (the only title style that I thought didn't "work" in this) for "Rosa Parks" and "Sit-Ins."
    Perhaps if you settled on just one or two types of titles -- for example, using the white on black titles for certain events, while using another type of title over the video images to point out certain key figures, like Parks (but you'd need to use it much more often for consistency).

Other than that, great job. Where did you get most of this footage? Internet?

5. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah i was going to use all the same black, but i jsut got the new themes, and i had to use them ;) yeah i got them off the bbc motion gallery website..

6. Proto Media macrumors member

very good video

hey good video man. Had very good timing which is hard to do in a video, felt like a discovery channel doc or something, very professional. What did you use to make those intro and outro credits? it looked like they were sorta in 3D space moving around. anyways, liked the video, check out mine if you want, I just put it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBhIjIpBSwY

7. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pretty cool man.. who are all those people doing the stunts? Your friends?

8. Proto Media macrumors member

we're kinda retarded

yeah it was my friends and I who were doing all the stunts. Almost like the ninja turtles cause we all have different talents. One buddy is the dirtbiker, another the wakeboarder, another skater, I am the skier, but yeah, basically just a bunch of random clips of my friends doing what they do best. I am glad you liked it I haven't had any comments yet on youtube. Thanks man!

9. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Great job. Very moving.
    My only criticism would be that it ended rather abruptly. I'm guessing that you probably just ran out of video/images before the music was finished, but it would be nice to see it all come together at the end, maybe summarize, in a way, what we have just seen. Just my 2 cents, though. Awesome job.

10. pizzacake macrumors member

Wow, great movie, perfect choice of music "A Change Is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke

11. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah i started getting tired of doing it.. because my parents were yelling at me not to spend so much time for an elective class.. when i had other work to do.. so i just got a few more pictures to finish it up..video editing is so time consuming when u want to get it right.. took me like 12 hours.. (probably less but I procrastinated)