Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuckwithme247

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
Since my iPod is full and I sync it with iTunes, I recently found interest in the option to not sync unchecked files. Is there a way to check/uncheck multiple items? Or is the only way to uncheck each song individually?

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
Create a temporarary playlist off al the songs you want to check/uncheck. Select them all by clicking on the bottom song, hold shift, and click on the top song. Then. command click a check box, and they should all check/uncheck. Its kinda pain, but it is faster than manually checking/unchecking.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
i have a (huge) playlist called 4ipod. (i sync by playlist, if that's not obvious)

if i want something on my ipod, i'll drag it to that playlist and get it the next time i sync. notice that it's possible, by using the Browse feature, to drag entire albums and bands to 4ipod.

no checking/unchecking necessary.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Okay, 2 questions to answer:

First - create a Smart Playlist, and don't put any criteria in, so in theory it pics everything up, but tick the 'only check songs' box and the playlist will dyamically be only checked songs - and thus a mirror of your iPod.

Second - either make a playlist, or do a search or a Browse to display just the tracks you want. Then hold Apple and click to check/uncheck all.

Hope this helped.

H

stuckwithme247

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by zimv20
i have a (huge) playlist called 4ipod. (i sync by playlist, if that's not obvious)

if i want something on my ipod, i'll drag it to that playlist and get it the next time i sync. notice that it's possible, by using the Browse feature, to drag entire albums and bands to 4ipod.

no checking/unchecking necessary.

That's a good idea, but I have a lot of other playlists i'd like to use

stuckwithme247

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by latergator116
Create a temporarary playlist off al the songs you want to check/uncheck. Select them all by clicking on the bottom song, hold shift, and click on the top song. Then. command click a check box, and they should all check/uncheck. Its kinda pain, but it is faster than manually checking/unchecking.

Ah thank you. You don't even need to make a playlist, just the command+clicking the boxes was exactly what i was looking for.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Originally posted by stuckwithme247
Ah thank you. You don't even need to make a playlist, just the command+clicking the boxes was exactly what i was looking for.

Yeah, but be careful to only be VIEWING not SELECTING the ones you want, or it will uncheck or check the entire Library.

I made this mistake, and had to reselect the 4300 songs that sync to my 20GB iPod.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Originally posted by stuckwithme247
That's a good idea, but I have a lot of other playlists i'd like to use

so do i. when syncing by playlist, you can select which ones you want to sync. 4ipod is just my main one -- useful when i want to random play from the whole list.

the thing i like is that i can configure it, via iTunes, 'offline'. i.e. the ipod doesn't have to be mounted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.