Cheeper Ram???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by runninmac, Jan 25, 2005.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but this is my first time posting a thread. I was looking at the apple store configureing a mini (even though i cant get one right now i still like to see how much it will cost) and did the gig of ram get cheaper now its olny 325 and wasnt it 425 or am i just gettin things mixed up?

edit: also i noticed that the airport + bluetooth combo is cheaper...

2. tubedogg macrumors regular

It was $425 originally, that's interesting. Maybe they're finally realizing that charging a huge premium for RAM is stupid?

3. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

yeah thats what i was thinkin but still 325 is a little much but with my student discount its 292 witch is still alot but then i wont have to worry about "voiding my warrenty" :rolleyes:

4. tubedogg macrumors regular

$325 for premium RAM isn't *that* bad and $292 is even better - Crucial charges $259. At least it's a heck of a lot closer than $425 was.

5. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

No matter where you get your RAM...

For God's sakes be sure you get name-brand, quality RAM of EXACTLY (or compatibly better than) the MS spec listed by Apple. Buy NEW RAM from a reputable reseller and check that it's still sealed when you open it. If it isn't sealed, return it or do not purchase it.

It's no good at all to get cheap RAM that's out of spec or fails on you the first time you get serious with Photoshop.

Known good brands include:

Edge and Viking RAM