Cheers from Team MacOS X aboard the Jolly Roger

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Mustang Mac, May 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustang Mac macrumors regular

Avast ye matey's! The time is at hand! We have been VERY busy as of late, as I'm sure you are well aware! Arrr! It's nearly time to be folded by the buccaneers aboard the Jolly Roger! Plenty of hijinks on the high seas! You rapscallions be wary! Soon you will be keelhauled and forced to walk the plank! Aye! This be true! The chase is making full sail! Dead men fold no tales! ARRRR! :p

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

first you have to overtake us and then we will see. We probably overtake you guys in a couple of months again when the heat is over of your app that installs itself on every new mac, without the poor people knowing about it!

3. Mustang Mac thread starter macrumors regular

Aarrrr! Belay that talk lad! Bilge! Ye'll meet the rope's end for that, me bucko! Me hearties will see to that! Ye been drinkin' too much Grog landlubber! :eek:

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Did this guy seen to many pirates movies and fell on his head after he seen one?!?!?

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Oh Give me a break.

We didn't take this from the Nights and we aren't going to take this from you. :mad:

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm not sure what his purpose was in taunting us. It will just make our resolve stronger. Both sides should try to be honorable. It's for science!

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Its ego boosting.

'Hey look -- I post on your forums every day and know you know my team is catching up with your but just in case -- I'll post this thread'

Yay for ego's!

8. cjc343 macrumors 6502

boy... google chose good ads... all about pirates...

I don't care, go ahead and overtake us! I'm off to make friends with the manager at the local Best Buy.... see you all later...

(after that I head to Circuit City, and then Frys, and then the OTHER Best Buy, and then to PC World, and then to Jamba Juice for a break, and to see if I can install something on the cash registers, and then I go to the local MUG and force everyone to Fold, and after that I find Christian Bergmann and make him switch over from Team Mac OS X to Macrumors....)

9. Mustang Mac thread starter macrumors regular

Aarrr matey! Ya got spunk! Me hearties and I are meeting below deck to plan the assault and preview the loot to be plundered! Plenty o' time for a chantey or two before the battle commences! Aye tis' true!

[​IMG]

10. Sailfish macrumors regular

Just keep that #1 Mac Folding Team crown nicely polished. We would like it back untarnished. :D

We are setting our sights on the Goons and even loftier goals.

More defections are welcome and no hard feelings to those who want to swtich to #1971 and join us in our conquests.

You guys did good, real good.

11. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Bite me and my MacRumors Folding Team.

[​IMG]

Since when has MacRumors allowed such a blatent abuse of trolling out own forums.

No one is defecting --> stop advertising for your site.

Just GO and LEAVE.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm happy to see that you are back in great form MrMacman. Thank you, keep on folding!

13. Mustang Mac thread starter macrumors regular

Aarrr matey! Here's a beauty! Grab yer' grog and gather round! Song is good for the soul me bucko! :)

[​IMG]

14. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Argh...

Lets not forget what it took for team Mac OS X had to go through just to get this far... Granted their app is nice, they would be nowhere without the publicity they gained, and the fact that everybody who downloads their app, and doesn't put their own team number in, or erase the one for team Mac OS X, is unknowingly giving points to them...

If possible, though, I might be able to add a few machines to the cause... I don't know if they're hooked up to the internet, and I'd have to ask some people first, but it's a possibility... Now, if I could get through the ITS thing at my university that wipes everything that isn't supposed to be installed on the computer, I would 1.) be promptly kicked out of school, and 2.) would have an enormous amount of computing power at my disposal (we're talking about more than a thousand computers here...)

It would be nice, but I'm sure that my university would have a slight problem with it... You just don't mess with the school's computers...

15. Mustang Mac thread starter macrumors regular

Don't forget the buried treasure found on the Panther install discs matey! Aye! Now that's worth more than its weight in doubloons! Aaarrr! Prepare ye' selves you scurvy dogs! For the jolie rouge is raised! Now where be my parrot?! AARRR, AARRR!

[​IMG]

16. NoahJ macrumors newbie

9 days and counting...

I warned you all that we would be back when you taunted us on the way by. 9 days and my prediction will come true.

I am hearing a lot of false information and sour grapes though.

We DO NOT install folding on machines that do not belong to us without permission. That is against stated team rules.

We DO NOT have a program on any form of OS install CD that install by default when you load OS X.

And those whining about InCrease and its deafult setting need to get a hobby. The program was written for our team, and we will not alter it because other wish to use it for theirs. If you want an installer that works the way you want it, write one and stop whining about ours. It is unbecoming.

MrMacMan, don't cry, fold! You want to keep ahead of us, then do it! Don't call names, call your friends. Don't complain about how we have all the breaks (which we did not), find some breaks of your own. It took us hard work to get back to where we are, we could not ask our parent website to post links on the front page to get us new folders.

All i have to say now is, See you in 9 days. :cool:

17. Mustang Mac thread starter macrumors regular

Aye NoahJ! I found me parrot! Let him do the talkin' for a bit! The little rascal has a way with words! Always seems to be able to smooth ruffled feathers! Yo ho ho! I'm sure he can talk some sense into the lads! All hands on deck! Pull up a drum! There be some fun!

[​IMG]

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Remember what it took the MacRumors team to displace Team Mac OSX from their #1 Mac spot not so long ago--lots of PCs. Apparently, a lot of those PCs were used without permission; otherwise, they'd probably still be folding for this team.

MacRumors was way down the list behind Team Mac OSX and MacAddict at # 33 (35 overall) for the longest time. As there were bigger numbers, more people loaded folding for one or two work units and the team got somewhere. It's still pretty amazing that we got so far.

It's too bad that people are willing to point fingers instead of looking in the mirror first.

19. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

You guys are a bit contradictive:

and this one

No, it doesn't install itself, but most people will install it and without knowing it, it does have your team number. How else do you explain that your teams daily points have doubled?

Hellllllllooooooooo, we have one, or should I say two... Created by one of our own, the one, the only MC68K.

20. Mustang Mac thread starter macrumors regular

OMG! ROTFLMFAO! AARRRRRRRRRR! And I'm a REAL pirate too me bucko! ARRRRR, ARRRRR, ARRRRRRR! Some lubbers will believe anything! Time for you to be a walkin' the plank ye scurvy dog!

21. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Keep it civil in here, folks.

Congrats to Team Mac OS X on a great effort, but don't think we're not going down without a fight. ;)

22. NoahJ macrumors newbie

First off, IT IS NOT ON THE OS X INSTALL CD. I challenge any to find it there.

Second off, IT IS NOT ON THE OS X INSTALL CD. (Repeated for those who seem to think that I am lying, or stuttering ;) ) That was a rumor started by The Knights who Say Ni! Are you going to take their word over anyone elses? :rolleyes:

Third off, I am aware that you have a folding installer, so use your installer and stop complaining about ours.

There, that was easy. Now, come and get us! We are going to whip by you pretty fast, but if you time it just right you should be able to draft off us enough to make it interesting. I would hate for it to be any less challenging than when we fought with SPCR for lead position! :D

23. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Oh I'm so glad we are making stuff up now aren't we? Your on the MacRumors forums if you didn't notice and this is trolling.

I didn't call you names I said 'Bite me (in image)'
    No -- You did one better you got posted on apple.com (Good Job by the way).
    And your own team members are only creating the rumors about InCrease on the panther CD's which are of coarse untrue.

Your members have stated before that 'well you have your own installer that defaults to #3446' but it doesn't. This was to point out that yours does however.

Rower -- have any hidden 300 CPU's we can tap into any place to stop them? :(

24. Mustang Mac thread starter macrumors regular

Now matey if'n the fine InCrease app a be defaultin' to #3446, then what is the problem! ARRRR! Ye should be happier than a monkey in a banana tree! Our ship Jolly Roger bears the fearful number of #1971! Aye tis true! Use yer deadlights, matey! Shiver me timbers! Now prepare ye scurvy dogs to be boarded!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.