Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
NoahJ said:
Third off, I am aware that you have a folding installer, so use your installer and stop complaining about ours.

1. Let me see know, oe, I do have the dual script of mc68K running, check!
2. When did I ever complain about your installer thingy?!?!?!? Never! Check!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Dreadnought said:
1. Let me see know, oe, I do have the dual script of mc68K running, check!
2. When did I ever complain about your installer thingy?!?!?!? Never! Check!

Well, actually...you were complaing, errrmmm discussing. :D

Dreadnought said:
No, it doesn't install itself, but most people will install it and without knowing it, it does have your team number. How else do you explain that your teams daily points have doubled?

NoahJ

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2004
MrMacman said:
Oh I'm so glad we are making stuff up now aren't we? Your on the MacRumors forums if you didn't notice and this is trolling.

Whatever. If that makes you smile, go with it. So long as you are folding and having fun!

I didn't call you names I said 'Bite me (in image)'

The thread does not revolve around you, there are others being addressed as well. ;)

No -- You did one better you got posted on apple.com (Good Job by the way).
And your own team members are only creating the rumors about InCrease on the panther CD's which are of coarse untrue.

I had to work hard to get posted on Apple.com. Took over 6 months of hard work. How hard is it to get your link on the front page? I doubt it even approaches that level of effort. The two do not compare.

And as for the CD rumor, it started at KWSN, we salpped it down. Another on your team brought it up, we slapped it down, it keeps coming up, and now we are just making fun of any who would believe such a sill thing is true. We are not spreading any rumors...

Your members have stated before that 'well you have your own installer that defaults to #3446' but it doesn't. This was to point out that yours does however.

So what? How is that germane to my post? Use your installer, I would prefer it. Less noise that way. We are not looking to steal anything from anyone, we are looking to excel at folding! If you think that InCrease is going to take your processor without your permission, DON'T USE IT. otherwise, read the install instructions and take a second to put in your team number. It is hardly a hidden option. :p

Remember people, this is supposed to be fun! If you are not having fun, go have a drink or watch some TV and come back, perhaps things will be looking up. We are mostly trying to spur the teams we are passing to greater efforts, it works for some and not for others. You choose which you will be. We will see you in 8 days! :D

NoahJ

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2004
No, it doesn't install itself, but most people will install it and without knowing it, it does have your team number. How else do you explain that your teams daily points have doubled?

Been to Apple.com lately? :cool:

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
these whiney-taunty threads make me YAWN!

hey, whaddya know, i just hit number 5.

Mustang Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2003
Avast Shrimp9999! Ye be singled out to be keelhauled once the battle is through! AARRR! Then ye not be yawnin' too much! Polly be agreein'! Now fold ye cowardly swabs! Time for a chantey! Aye tis' true!

They come from the wrong side of the tracks,
They're born a breed apart,
Can't tie 'em up, can't keep 'em down,
They're clingin' to some ole star
They'll chase that restless spirit
Wherever the four winds blow,
'Cause there's another dream just around the bend
For renegades, rebels and rogues

Renegades, rebels and rogues
Eyes of fire, hearts of gold
They'll ramble till they drop,
Gamble till the money runs out,
They'll take any wrong direction,
'Cause it's in their blood to know
That all roads lead to another road
For renegades, rebels and rogues.

NoahJ

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2004
Dreadnought said:
Yeah, those where the taunts. Those tin cans, gotta love them, boy, do I miss them taunting us. That was fun. Now we have a fruitcake who thinks he is a pirate and some way to serious bloke. This is getting bored sooooo soon. BTW, when are they planning on passing us?!?! Probably whenever if they get around to it! Probably when hell freezes over or some apocalyps is about to happen.

05.26.04, 12pm / 7 Days Or sooner... :cool:

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
i suggest adding mustang mac to your ignore list

that way this thread becomes much more stomachable

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
mc68k said:
i suggest adding mustang mac to your ignore list

that way this thread becomes much more stomachable

ahaa.

NoahJ -- I don't read my private messages, and I really don't care.
What are you going to say 'I wasn't talking only to you?' yea yea... whatever.

Yes I have a problem with teams taunting other teams, you didn't think we knew you were coming? Give me a break.

My biggest problem is sallifish's first post:
Sailfish said:
More defections are welcome and no hard feelings to those who want to swtich to #1971 and join us in our conquests.
He trys to recruit. On our very own board. Sportsmanship my ass.

'Now that you have lost, and good job on the lose, you wanna come join out team?'
There are 2 problems with the post:
1) It says that people from MR have switched.
2) It is Just a frikken ad for your team!!

Also that pirate thing is really stupid, makes you all look like idiots.

You aren't 'Team Pirates' Your Mac OS X... :rolleyes:

Mustang Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2003
MrMacMan. The pirate 'foolishness' is just to pay proper homage to Apple itself. Please follow this link to learn a little bit more. Honestly, no other teams have had a problem with what's going on here in this thread. I've visited the other forums on our 'to do' list and committed similar 'crimes'. They have all had a fun time with it. Ask Rower_CPU he can point you in the right direction. Maybe you should take a seat and relax. Here's one for you.

iflush.jpg

I fear if you stay wound up so tight, you may find a diamond when you get up from the throne! AARRRR! Now that be funny lad! Shiver me timbers! ;)

NoahJ

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2004
MrMacman said:
ahaa.

NoahJ -- I don't read my private messages, and I really don't care.
What are you going to say 'I wasn't talking only to you?' yea yea... whatever.

Yes I have a problem with teams taunting other teams, you didn't think we knew you were coming? Give me a break.

My biggest problem is sallifish's first post:

He trys to recruit. On our very own board. Sportsmanship my ass.

'Now that you have lost, and good job on the lose, you wanna come join out team?'
There are 2 problems with the post:
1) It says that people from MR have switched.
2) It is Just a frikken ad for your team!!
1) Was true, but it was totally unneccesary to post.
2) is all in the eyes of the beholder...

Perhaps you should read your PM's sir. I was trying to keep a conversation that was off topic out of the thread. I ended it with the following line: If a mod sees a problem and asks us to leave we will. I am watching the thread and if my people get out of line, I speak to them. Just have fun and go with it... Or not.

I have spoken directly to Sailfish about his post. Have a nice day.

oh and: 05.26.04, 10am / 6 Days Creeping ever closer... :cool:

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
It's kind of amusing that some people have gotten all worked up about this. At the end of the day it's nothing that need stress anyone out. Macrumors Team Folding will be back, and challenging for the title of No. 1 Mac Team. In the meantime, just enjoy folding.

Congrat NoahJ on your hard work in featuring on apple.com. You're deffinitely reaping the rewards now! Any chance you could put in a word for us, and have macrumors mentioned as a possible alternative team? ;)

Mustang Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2003
BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! I wish it where the Nights of Tin Cans. They aren't so uptight, are a lot more funny and come up with original taunts.

Aye! Your moniker says a lot! Oh most feared dread not! Ye be not too difficult to handle! Oops! Appears you have already gone to pieces! ARRR!

5295_1lg.jpg

Mustang Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2003
ARRR! It's a Dreadnought guitar, matey! Don't tell me you don't even recognize your own kin! It be hard for me to have a battle of wits with an unnarmed opponent! Aye tis' true! Now I be havin' to feed you to the gators in order to keep you quiet! Yo ho ho!

GatorGL.jpg

NoahJ

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2004
Dreadnought said:
BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! I wish it where the Nights of Tin Cans. They aren't so uptight, are a lot more funny and come up with original taunts.
And yet here you sit boring yourself. If you wish to not be bored, perhaps another thread is for you? :p

Mustang Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2003
And then there were two! Welcome to Thunderdome! Two will enter, only one will leave!

18 3446 Macrumors.com - Team Folding 5817491 213911
19 1971 Team MacOS X 5697544 245949

12aussie1st.jpg

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
Mustang Mac said:
Aarrr matey! Ya got spunk! Me hearties and I are meeting below deck to plan the assault and preview the loot to be plundered! Plenty o' time for a chantey or two before the battle commences! Aye tis' true!

pirate_flag.jpg

Is that Bill Gates in the middle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.