Cheney and Defense

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

May 22, 2003
    San Francisco
    The Center for American Progress post this on Cheney's hypocritical stance on funding for Defense programs.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    Now if only Kerry would use this kind of info to hit back against the Bush campaign's characterization of him as 'soft on defense'.
  3. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002
    it's a shame americans are so fact-averse (c.f. the thread on 57% americans thinking iraq supported AQ). w/ only the tiniest bit of open-mindedness, we could force this administration to 1) stop being so hypocritcal, and 2) be accountable for their actions.

i'm afraid we're in for 4 more years of this crap. stupid americans.
  4. Dippo macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    How can a site say they are nonpartisan when there is almost not but Bush bashing all over the site?

Anyways, it's not as important what actually happened, but what people think happened. Kerry has been put on the defensive lately, and he hasn't been attacking back. So I doubt we will see any of this reported in the mainstream news.
  5. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

Dec 30, 2002
    Chicago, IL, USA
    to you or the american people?
  6. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2004
    Chicago (by way of SF)
    Bravo! A college president won't be used by the V.P.

College Leader 'Disappointed' by Cheney

Associated Press

FULTON, Mo. - Westminster College's president said Monday he was so "surprised and disappointed" by Vice President Dick Cheney's attacks on John Kerry during a speech that he is inviting the Democrat to visit for a reply.

Fletcher Lamkin told The Associated Press that Cheney's staff approached him last week about using Westminster as the backdrop "for a major foreign policy address. Nothing was said about a stump speech."

In a campus-wide e-mail after the speech, Lamkin said: "I must admit that I was surprised and disappointed that Mr. Cheney chose to step off the high ground and resort to Kerry-bashing for a large portion of his speech."

. . . Lamkin said he was not expecting a speech minus any mention of presidential politics during an election year, but that the second half "was all about politics and a political stump speech and in that respect it was disappointing."

In the e-mail, Lamkin said that "in the interest of balance and fairness and integrity, we will strongly encourage Senator Kerry to take advantage of this venue to make his views known as well."

Kerry spokesman Bill Burton said the campaign had received Lamkin's e-mail and would consider a visit to Westminster, which is located in the center of a presidential battleground state.
  7. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    I wonder if Kerry will use his time to bash Bush/Cheney? Probably not, but he better start hitting back harder than he is now.

Good for that college pres though.