Cheney Crashed Factcheck.org web server ;)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Toe, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

In tonight's debate, Cheney referenced factcheck.org. I checked on the site a few minutes later, and got no reply. Checked a little later and got a server error. Then no reply. Then it was back.

Aaaaaanyway, I thought it was interesting that he would reference this website.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

actually, he said "factcheck dot com", which is something else entirely. kinda ironic, i thought.

3. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Knowing Cheney's connections to halliburton, perhap fatcheque.com would be more relevant.

4. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

:eek: OMG!! That is the funniest thing I've ever seen! Way to go Cheney!! :)

5. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Yes, considering all the moaning and groaning (not to mention lies) from the GOP about George Soros it is extremely funny that factcheck.com gets you to www.georgesoros.com. I love it!

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Me too! :p

And hell, if they do find their way to factcheck.org, they'll discover more of Bush's lies.

Kerry has some truth-stretching in there too, but IMO, he doesn't match Bush's BS.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Nice catch, .org is pretty fair (but still calling Bush's comments incorrect), but .com is VERY much against the current administration. Thank you Mr. Cheney, it's almost like you don't want Bush to win. Hm. Made him look pretty bad tonight by out rhetoric'ing him. What d'ya think? Cheney '08? Nah, too scary a thought.

He probably just wants to go back to Halliburton, where he can make the big bucks without all this scrutiny. ;)

8. vwcruisn macrumors regular

hahah that just totally made my night.. thats the funniest thing ive seen in a lonnng time.. good job dick!

9. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    The initial feeling this side of the pond was that the Cheney/Edwards contest had no real winners; continual little digs, no real killer blows .. like Gore's paraphrasing of Bush Snr's "Read My Lips..." speech.

Still, made a good debate.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I agree, as I've said in the other posts. I'd say about a draw as well. I was just commenting on the factcheck thing. Now that I see what it is, Cheney kinda put his foot in his mouth on some of this stuff. Just like anything in this administration, once you get past what you see and the truth comes out, it's a much different story.

11. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Oh man, they are all a bunch of idiots. Kerry's lies are not as bad as Bush's. Come on. THey are BOTH full of it. Lets just say. I choose one or the other, because I think they are less full of **** than the other guy.

Because that is reality until we have a real choice as the polls. :(

12. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Toe

Right on!!!

I almost never vote for Democrats or Republicans, because 99% of them are 100% OWNED by their biggest donors. Period.

In the case of the 04 presidency, though, I favor the truth-bending, populace-pandering, corporate/union shill Kerry because at least he might not completely destroy this country like the misleading, lying, corporate-owned Bush.

Some choice, eh? It's the inevitable trap of a 2-party system, which is the inevitable result of a plurality-takes-all voting system.