Cheney Dismisses Suggestions of Shake-Up

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aquajet, Mar 20, 2006.

1. aquajet macrumors 68020

Link

(my emphasis)

How long has the Administration's numbers been below 50 percent? Since March of 2004 (with the exception of a brief period following the 2004 election). And this is something you shouldn't be concerned about, Dick?

Historical Bush Approval Ratings

Looks like they'll need to change the percentage of approval scale soon. Perhaps a range of 0 to 50 percent?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

you know whose name i've not heard mentioned in a while -- rove. i wonder how much influence he's had on the administration since the election.

3. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Anyone else sensing the full-on bunker mode?

Especially with crap like this and yesterday's denial speeches by Bush, I just get the feeling they're experiencing some sort of collective psychotic episode.

4. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

can't pay attention to background noise? so in other words ignore the very people who elected you.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Why not? they ignored the Cia spy that was in Saddams circle who told them Saddam had no WMDs. This administration ignores everyone including the American people.

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Perhaps this is hinting at a reversal of the domestic wire-tap policy.

7. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I think I am going to have a psychotic episode if someone doesn't find some reason to impeach BOTH of them VERY soon. Not that I think Dennis Hastert would be a great president... eww.

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Well, if an impeachment did somehow happen under a GOP Congress and Bush and Cheney were both ousted from office, whomever took the high throne would likely approach it with a bit of timidity, seeing as how the great electorate pimp slap just came down on the previous officeholders.

9. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

It would be VERY HARD to get rid of them. I think it's 67 votes in the Senate? Not seeing 19 (18?) republicans going that way...

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

But if America elects a bunch Democrats this year..........................

11. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Very good point... but I don't know if that could happen. How many senate seats are up? (researches...)

Based on that, yeah... I could see some major changes happening.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm becoming less and less optimistic that we'll see anything more than a pickup of a handful of seats in Congress this year for the Democrats. I fear they will manage to squander any opportunity Bush presents them with.

The longer Bush's poll numbers remain in the toilet without a coherent, sustained, Democratic attack, the more I fear the Democrats will roll over and take it on the chin from Rove et. al. once again. There are fewer competitive districts than ever, and let's face it -- the Democratic leadership are a bunch of spineless *******.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I keep hoping the Dems will strike, but I'm afraid I'll still be waiting after the elections. I don't know though, people hate the Reps so much right now, maybe the Dems are right and they don't have to do anything. The people who really hate Bush and the neocons right now are going to vote for them anyway. They need to focus on the middle. Not that they're doing that either, but people really hate Bush and the Reps are having a hard time supporting the administration and yet distancing themselves from his mistakes. I've heard Frist criticize Bush, then call any criticism of a wartime President traitorous... in the same week!

Just to touch on a few points though. They're either oblivious, or deluded (or lying), but they have been for pretty much the whole time so nothing has changed. But it's pretty telling when he flat out says the Pres. is ignoring everything and everyone around him. That's not a good defense. Neither is comparing Bush to Ford. If I didn't know better, it actually sounded like Cheney was actually talking smack about Bush. I know he wasn't, but he accidently kinda did. Good thing GW's too dumb (and or oblivious) to notice. And Cheney's too evil. Definitely not helping with the rhetoric this time, people are sick of getting nothing but talking points. And worse, the same talking points we've already heard a million times. Rove is definitely off his game.

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Problem for the democrats is what do they really represent? I dont know, they dont stand up for anything American if you will. For years with Daschle and others they were simply Mr Opposite. Just say the opposite of whatever the republicans do??? How about standing up for American jobs, American borders, Social Security,freedom & liberty? Instead we just get the opposite thing with no vision. Both partys suck for sure but the republicans are taking us down the drain with the most stupid war the U.S. has ever been involved in. The democrats need a clear plan and a contract with the American people to get govt in order. Im affraid we wont see it and then they will be scratching their heads on why they dont get elected again. Here is an idea, represent the American people & worker? problem is they are bought off by the same ones who own the republicans. Multinational corporations.