Cheney losing it?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

It seems that during a heated exchange with Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) that the Vice President lost it on the Senate floor. Unfortunately, I can't post his language, but you can read the story here.

wonkette

Is the stress finally getting to Dick?

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

wow. how soon 'til it turns into a South Korean National Assembly-style brawl?

4. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

in the interest of integrity, we must treat this as we would anything posted from a blog. can anyone verify the story? transcripts, news articles?

<EDIT>
    here's an ultra-vague, watered-down recounting from liberal leaning CNN:
    LINK

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i find it highly amusing that this question posed by al franken to wolfowitz:
    "so, clinton's army did pretty well in iraq, eh?"

and this statement (paraphrased) made by leahy to cheney:
    "i don't appreciate being called a bad catholic"

should generate the exact same response.

it's further amusing to me that, should either wolfowitz or cheney decide to come to the MR political forums and post, they'd probably get banned quickly for violating the language rules.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Kevin Kellems, a spokesman for the vice president, said, "That doesn't sound like the kind of language that the vice president would use, but I can confirm that there was a frank exchange of views."​

Isn't this just a little like Bill Clinton saying "I never had sex with that woman"?

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Come on, don't be shy. The Vice President certainly isn't.

8. screener macrumors newbie

Shy? Me? Didn't notice the CNN link so had to find another one.
    Sorry it took so long, slow connection.

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

10. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

It is possible Cheney said the F word.
    Why make a big deal of it, nobody cared about the reasons that Limbaugh started calling F'n Kerry. Nobody cared about Hillary, Kennedy, that loser with no personality, or Al Gore blowing their stacks during various times on Television. So what is the big deal about Cheney using the F word, between sessions so it wasn't even a violation of the rules. :cool:

11. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    finally a bush/cheney slogan that reflects the party ideology...

GO F' YOURSELF IN 2004

12. wwworry macrumors regular

13. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Because Bush/Cheney are suppose to return INTEGRITY to the Whitehouse. Use of that kind of language does not return integrity to the Whitehouse. :eek:

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

:p :p :p

15. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Kind of like John F'n Kerry right?
    Or how about Gore's hysterical shouting crap that he's been spouting of late over the microphone. And so many people wanted that loser as president[​IMG] Talk about someone needing psychological help, both him and Dean.

16. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Maybe that is what is missing from American politics.

17. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Sure sounds like Cheney can dish out the political rhetoric, but can't take the same unless he uses expletives.

18. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You know, you'd have thought Cheney was having a really good week, with the Supreme Court telling him he could keep his secrets. So what possible reason could he have for telling a US Senator to f-off? Could it be because he's basically a creepy and arrogant individual who's lost track of the difference between right and wrong?

19. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Even more scary is the fact he is a "heartbeat away from the office of President".

Because of his ties to Big Oil, his past work with the CIA, and so many current issues; I would not like seeing him with the power of President.

20. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Ok how come I havn't heard you talk about how rotten Kerry was when he spoutted off with the F word starting the joke about John Fn' Kerry? Its ok when a Democrat does it but its the end of the world when a Republican does the same thing?

How about Gore's temper tantrums he held not to long ago on stage. You would've voted for him for president, and probably did. The guy screams like a maniac, much worse than Dean ever did. Or are you just a hipocrite? Maybe you just have amnesia.

NY post won't let me pull up the full article without being a paid subscriber but I found this link from then.
    but then I guess that is different after all he's a Democrat.

ah here is a full story on that
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35997

So get off your high horse about Cheney cussing out some smart ass Senator who probably deserved a little chewing out.

21. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I think you're missing the point. When All those people swore, they got theirs. Now it's Dick's turn. Quit your whining!

Lee Tom

22. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Not by the people on here. They ignore Gore's tirade and continue preaching about how Gore should've been President. Their hypocrites willing to ignore anything their own party does as long as it is the means to the end to getting ride of the other party. Hmm Machiavellian comes to mind.

23. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

As I've explained. When you make high and mighty claims about your morality and claim to be above others you must show yourself to have more moral behavior than others.