Cheney's key role in leak case detailed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Jan 26, 2007.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-libby26jan26,0,3015848.story

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i see that ari fleischer will testify next. there's a name i've not heard in a while.

so, hands up, who approves of the actions of the vice president of the united states? who cares to defend him?

3. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Ah yes, Ari "the butcher" Fleischer.

I picked up on this line:

I'm not sure if this statement contradicts anything Martin testified to elsewhere, but it does appear to be a potential wriggle-out for Cheney. Of course the really interesting part of this testimony is the degree to which it appears to confirm the intimate game of gotcha being played by the White House against administration critics. This has now been elevated to something significantly more than a theory.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Cheney should be on trial for this one, Bush should be on trial for taking us to war over WMDs. Both bums draft dodgers, both Fortunate Sons.

5. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

I agree 100%. If it weren't for the fact that Congress would grind to a halt because of the political squabbling, I wish to God that they would Impeach him and Cheney over this entire mess.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its true Congress would grind to a halt but if we think about it they havent done much of anything for a decade so why not have them sit around and point fingers at each other. Whats even sadder is that the Republican & Democratic Congress didnt check into this a little more before destroying the infrastructure of Iraq and putting into place the ideal conditions so they could continue their 1,000 year war.

Its pretty clear to all that the outing of this CIA agent originated with Cheney & many of his staff. Seems now the plan is for everyone working for Cheney is to say I told Libbey,No I told Libbey ,No I told Libbey......

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Anyone still worried that if we impeach Bush we'll end up with Cheney in the Oval Office?

Hell, if we do go for impeachment, we should make it a double-header.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I've been saying for years that we impeach both of them. They're shameless crooks and liars.