Cheney's spin on Iraqi poll

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

This article appeared on AlterNet.org written by James Zogby the brother of the pollster. It is an interesting read.

link

Now the question is, is Cheney delusional or is he just the cynical spinner that many take him for?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

Re: Cheney's spin on Iraqi poll

i vote "spinner." he's a smart guy, he knows he can use the spin in the WH's favor.

if only people could be as outraged by numbers as they are by BJs....

3. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Sorry folks, I should have identified James Zogby not only by his relationship to the pollster, but also as the president of the Arab American Institute.

http://www.aaiusa.org/

4. g5man macrumors newbie

Maybe Saddam did honestly get 99% of the vote.

Polls can be spinned by both sides. Personally I would not trust any poll coming out of Iraq. With collaborators being shot for assisting the US Forces while attacks are increasing, a poll will not shed much light on the reality of the situation.

5. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Such is the reality of any poll. It can be made to read in favor of those who need results.

Cheney is just one more lying weasel.

Dan

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

"Facts schmacts. You can prove anything with facts that's even remotely true"

So it would appear here. And Cheney gets away with another less-than-half truth on national TV. I bet it would take Cheney less time to perjure himself under oath than it took Clinton.

So all is going well in Iraq these days huh? Specially with the stream of Republicans going over, being shown around the "pacified" areas, then whisked home to tell everyone how great it was.

This administration has 2 failed states under their control and has failed to demonstrably improve the living conditions in either country, with the exception of removing the tryanical leadership. If Iraq shows as little improvement in 2 years as Afghanistan shows now, we are in for a very long and costly commitment. Any mistakes made need to be fixed now, or the costs will multiply.

Blah.