Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
From The Register Article:
"Will you still love me, will you still hug me, when I'm number 1?" read a story in The Independent on 4 August, which revealed the startling news that Cherie Blair, wife of the Prime Minister, was to become the summer's biggest dance hit sensation.

According to the article, a sample of Cherie singing The Beatles' 'When I'm Sixty-Four' at a Chinese press conference last month had found its way onto a dance track and become an instant hit. "The sample has serious novelty value. It's a catchy tune and an eccentric performance. When people realise it's Mrs Blair it is difficult to know how they will react but it is set to be red hot this summer," an apparent spokesman for Radio 1 in Ibiza told the reporter.
Full Article.

LMAO!!! :D :D :D Just goes to show what a true waste of time the charts are :rolleyes:

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
The article mentions that no has heard it yet, save for some "clubbers". So is this real? Will there be a Cherie and Wing duet soon? Will Tony Blair have to step down and take care of the family while "pop star" Cherie is out touring?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
A great story. Another article because of the slow news month of August. That is good for her. Congratulations Cherie on your hit!

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2002
houston
hmm, intersting. I somehow doubt this is true. If it is, however, it hasnt made it to the US. I was in NY last weekend clubbing, San DIego pride the week b4 and now im at market days in chicago. If it really was a hit, and in the US, there is no way that it wouldnt be getting so mention on the gay circuit :p that being said...if it is real, id love to hear it!

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
Re: Cherie Blair dance track hits Number One!!!

Originally posted by edesignuk:

LMAO!!! :D :D :D Just goes to show what a true waste of time the charts are :rolleyes:

Well - considering the sensations that were the Pop Idol try-hards, or even (dare I say it) Posh Spice, I came to that conclusion a long time ago.

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
Re: Re: Cherie Blair dance track hits Number One!!!

Originally posted by kiwi_the_iwik
Well - considering the sensations that were the Pop Idol try-hards, or even (dare I say it) Posh Spice, I came to that conclusion a long time ago.

hear hear

i_b_joshua

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Re: Re: Cherie Blair dance track hits Number One!!!

Originally posted by kiwi_the_iwik
When the "Cheeky Girls" hit No.1 that really put the nail in the coffin for me :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.