Cherry Hill Mall, NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by dmize31287, Jun 17, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Anyone going to be there as well? I reserved, but i'll still be showing up around 6am :).

2. macrumors newbie

Ill be there, around 6 AM as well

3. macrumors 6502

I was thinkin of doin cherry hill mall I'll be goin to the marlton store though Thats where I went last year I'll be there around 730 745

4. thread starter macrumors member

The one good thing about a mall opening is that the line technically can't begin until the mall lets you in :).

5. macrumors member

hey_suburbia

You don't need a pre-order, right?

I'm thinking about heading over tonight around midnight with my Nintendo DS, Mario Kart DS anyone?

I think I'm going to hang out at the Macy's entrance:
    [​IMG]

6. macrumors newbie

where the line starts

pretty sure they line everyone up by the entrance that doesn't look like an entrance. just to the right of HR block and the County Store.

when is everyone planning on getting there?

7. macrumors member

hey_suburbia

I just talked to the Apple Store at The Cherry Hill Mall.

There will be inventory for pre-orders and inventory for walk-ins.

It will be first come first serve.

So, say I'm 3rd in line behind two pre-order customers and 5 pre-order customers behind me, I will be served 3rd and my phone will come from the walk-in inventory.

She did say that things could change last minute, so be prepared for anything as all hell breaks loose.

8. macrumors member

hey_suburbia

I'm heading over from Philly on my Vespa around midnight... I'm sure that's WAY too early, but there is not point in trying to sleep two hours...

9. macrumors newbie

Does any one know what entrance the mall will be letting us in .... Is it one or multiple doors that they are going to open... Also is it orderly fashion lineing up or is it a free for all when the doors open? Im planning on goin around 2am. I think anyone will deffently get a phonr eithout a preorder due to lazy ppl wanting to come jus about when the doors open ... Anyone experince any of this when the 3gs came out.. Trying to plan a little ahead plus this year will be a lot worse

10. macrumors member

hey_suburbia

They will opening the mall doors at 6:00. The entrance by H&R Block, County Store, and Macy's.

I will be enforcing an orderly line with an iron fist. We're geeks, not soccer mom's trampling each other for a cabbage patch doll. Order people, order. First come first serve.

11. macrumors newbie

Now i been to the mall many times but not to fimilar with it so is that one entrance or 3 differnt ones . Also how reliable is te source you have got that from

12. macrumors member

hey_suburbia

13. macrumors 6502a

hey guys will that small cart outside of the apple store have iphone 4 plastic shields for install????

also will they be letting customers in who just want to buy accessories etc???

14. macrumors newbie

i was thinking on getting there around 4 a.m and i don't have a reservation, what do you guys think, should i show up earlier? :confused:

15. macrumors member

hey_suburbia

I think 3-4am should do it.

Remember Walmart and Radio Shack will have the phone on launch day too.

16. macrumors member

hey_suburbia

I asked if it was ok to line-up at 3am and got this response:

17. macrumors newbie

i might be confused, but which entrance is this "H&R entrance"? i was planning on going in through the one by macy's and Starbucks...

18. macrumors regular

hard-case

If you look at the map that hey_suburbia posted, the Apple store is highlighted yellow. You'll notice there are two entrances near there....one above the store, and one to the right. The entrance is the one above it, as in you cross the main walkway of the mall heading out of the Apple Store and pass through the long hallway between stores to the "entrance. It is a set of unmarked double doors, and a long hallways with some mall offices and restrooms in it. They used it in previous events because it makes it easier to manage throngs of people.

Hrm....still debating when to show up. I've got a reservation, but if they aren't going to do two lines and just do first-come-first-served....maybe 5am isn't early enough.

19. macrumors newbie

ohhh thanks so much for the clarification, i was so lost. and yeah if they don't do two lines i think you should show up earlier

20. macrumors newbie

ohhh thanks so much for the clarification, i was so lost. and yeah if they don't do two lines i think you should show up earlier. i might be heading down around 3

21. thread starter macrumors member

Relax, a friend of mine is works at that store (he is high enough into the rankings to have access to certain credentials) and informed me that reserves will be aplenty. He said the store received 1300 reserves alone and it shouldn't be a issue getting yours, he didn't know about walk-ins though since it is pretty much the left overs.

22. macrumors 6502a

wouldn't "reserves" be the "left overs"? this post makes no sense.

23. macrumors newbie

Cherry Hill

I'm here. Been here for about 2 hours (6am now). The line is starting to migrate inside. Maybe about 500+ people here and growing. Once I get inside I'll repost all the details as far as lines, system
    failures (let's hope not), and how many phones they're claiming to have. So far it seems more organized than the 3GS release. We'll see.

Post as soon as y'all know something, and I'll do the same.

Onmybikedrunk

24. macrumors newbie

Waiting...

At first it was supposed to be reservations first... Now they're mingling, only cuz the news is here Im sure... If u ask me, that's bulls@&t. It was like 4 clicks of a mouse to get a reservation. Like this is the first iPhone ever or some s$&t. RESERVATIONS SHOULD BE FIRST!

On the other side of things, no system breakdowns yet, and they seem yo have a handle on things. Moving about 1 person every 2 minutes.

Out.

25. macrumors newbie

Any more updates on the line? I have a pre-order. So I am just waiting till the line dies down.