CherryOS not BS, Author Says...

Discussion in 'New Mac Application Announcements' started by MacBytes, Oct 19, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

3. macrumors 603

solvs

Busted. Fess up dude, anyone who's read the story knows this is a hoax.

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors 603

zelmo

Bartender seems like a good line of work for him. He can mix drinks using other people's recipes all day long.

6. macrumors newbie

whitlock

But you can't count on him to make an original drink :rolleyes:

7. macrumors G5

nagromme

I don't think it's exactly a hoax--some people at MOSR (often wrong, but probably not flat-out lying) have the beta and are testing it. It doesn't work--it's probably vapor for now, and always may be--but it does exist. That's different from a hoax. AND the problems getting it to run are supposedly very similar to the ones for PearPC.

All in all I think they are using PearPC but denying it. Not something that would make me want to do business--but I won't condemn them without final proof.

So I don't think it's a hoax, but nor does it seem to be a current and viable product.

8. macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

9. macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Pitch forking mulch in Nova Scotia, Canada
    haha comparing apples to oranges :cool:

10. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Under PearPC it's possible to get OS X installation to complete =) This has me curious, that perhaps VX30 plugged in PearPC screen shots because their own code didn't exactly work....?

I started playing with the idea of using an existing filesystem and seeing if that could somehow be booted up, but it's not clear how to get there from here, or if an existing image can be whipped into shape to allow that.

Another emulator, a PPC version of Softmac, was demoed a few years ago, then disappeared under a big argument between Darek Mihocka and Jim Drew. I have been wondering if that's where this CherryOS thing may have come from, because the death of Softmac was announced in July.