Chertoff delayed federal response, memo shows

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 14, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

(emphasis mine)

pretty damning for the feds. no wonder they went on the attack so quickly, they know how badly they ****ed up.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Just Amazing, Federal govt out of control among itself and it doesnt need any help . 911 they knew did nothing, Border Security on Mexico? they ignore it, City under sea level ?they do nothing, Hurricane coming they again do nothing! But we got our noses in Iraq for 320 Billion and counting. Anyone notice domestic programs have a low low priority? If it aint Bombs and pushing the Jet age MilitaryMegaComplex they just dont seem interested. U.S.A....whats that?......... Our Govt inaction meanwhile a guy named Bin Laden roams free. We have a Federal Govt that isnt interested in our own Country. They have their noses everywhere else as they are led that way by the MegaCorporations campaign funds.

3. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Chertoff will be the next to go. It may not be immediate but my guess will be by the end of the year.

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I disagree. The lamb has already been sacrificed, they won't throw another to the wolves. Rummy's still in, remember? Why would they start ditching people now, if not earlier?

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

This is going to the top. This is much worse than receiving a blow job. The Republicans are gonna get a taste of their own medicine.

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

imho, how far to the top it goes and who will resign is based entirely on the public waking up (more) and calling for accountability. let's not underestimate rove's ability to distract.

7. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Sounds like it might soon be time to start a new war.

8. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

convenient, since there are already two or three in the pipeline

9. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

all the R&D guys are done, they're just waiting on marketing.

10. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

you wish.
    there has been a lot 'much worse than a blow job' already and it has been 'punished' with medals, promotions and re-elections.
    i am not that optimistic

11. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I'm a bit more optimistic than you. Katrina seems to have had the effect of the press finding their balls once again. They need to keep beating the drum and stop white washing all the s@#% that comes out of this administration.

12. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

here's the first hurdle

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I don't know, this actually affects us. Never underestimate the power of the American public to care when something could actually affect them personally.

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

c'mon guys... he was busy making our homeland more secure!!! get your heads out of your asses and see that terror doesn't rest for some wind and rain!

15. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

an interesting and (surprisingly) balanced article from CNN on responsibilities and blame shifting. it's refreshing to see they seemed to wake up and do some journalism again, rather than just rehash what the govc feed them. hopefully it will last beyond katrina.

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Yes indeed. Some cando(u)r for a change.