Discussion in 'Games' started by Lito, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Lito macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2003
    I've just opened Chess for the first time in Panther.

Is it just me, or do I remember chess being much prettier in Jaguar?
  2. tomf87 macrumors 65816

Sep 10, 2003
    I never opened Chess under Jag. I am looking to get Chessmaster 9000 when it is released for Mac. I'm looking for a more intuitive chess program.
  3. edddeduck macrumors 68020

Mar 26, 2004
    We have opened a mini-site for ChessMaster 9000 .

We will be adding more features and information on the mac version as the weeks continue...

Cheers Edwin
    Feral Interactive
  4. HexMonkey Administrator

Staff Member

Feb 5, 2004
    New Zealand
    Whether it's uglier is a matter of opinion, but it certainly is different. One thing to note though is that it is a lot more customizable. In the Preferences there are four different styles each for board and pieces. You can also drag the edge of the board to get the angles to your liking. In the Jaguar version all you could do was change piece colour.
    I currently have both versions open side by side, and I do prefer the Jaguar appearance more than the default Panther appearance, but I also like the customizability and other improvements of the Panther version.

For anyone who wants to compare them, here are some scaled down screenshots, the first is the standard Jaguar appearance, the second the standard Panther appearance:

Attached Files:

5. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2003
    A Higher Level
    The Jag. version was most def. better looking, and i'm like 0 - 45 on Jag and Panther :(
  6. Lito thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2003
    Anyone know

how I reinstall the Jag version?

I have the Jag install discs...